You Know I Love You

At first, you'd been hurt that Four had gone, leaving you and the others to deal with the after mass, and Eric's constant questions. He was convinced you knew where Four was which you didn't until you were called into Candor to answer questions about a mark left near an area where Four was rumoured to be spotted.

"You are sure you don't know what it means?" You were asked again and you shook your head.

"Like I've told you every time I've been brought in I don't know anything." You sighed and they reluctantly sent you back.

When Eric finally stopped checking your room and tearing through your cupboards, you grabbed a duffle bag from under the bed and began putting the final things you would need. Every day for the past week you'd been taken to Candor and questioned so you'd used your free time to gather everything and meet Four where the symbol told you.

It was surprisingly easy to make your way out of Dauntless without being spotted by Eric and all you had to do was hide in a truck that was being driven through to Amity and sneak towards the trees after that.

Once you realised they'd found out you were gone you headed back to the trains, avoiding the group that were guarding the spot Four was supposed to be at. Seeing that the train was your only option you hurried to get the last one running out of the city.

*****************************************************

"Woah hey it's me." A voice chuckled as you shot to your feet and attacked whoever was coming towards you.

"Four?" You whispered and he gently gripped your wrists, pushing them down as he kissed your forehead.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered and you sighed with relief as you crashed against, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"It's fine, you came back... sort of." You let the grin you'd been holding back since you saw him wash over your face.

"Listen, it's going to be tough catching up with the others, they waited a while but it took longer than I thought to cause a distraction so they'll be a while away." He muttered and shouldered your pack, grateful to see you'd prepared well and had some extra weapons and food.

"You made the entire Dauntless faction leave?" You gasped and he nodded.

"Yeah started a huge fire with one of their trucks near Erudite." He chuckled and you gawked at him before taking his hand and letting him lead you through the misty evening light.

"Hey, you know I love you right and that I didn't want to leave you?" Four asked after the two of you had walked far enough to stop for the night.

"I'm not mad... I was just worried about you, about everybody." You admitted and he pulled you next to him.

"Well I don't plan on leaving you again and I'm not letting anyone control you either, I wanted more than anything to skip you." He sighed and your eyes slowly sank shut as your head rested against his chest. "I love you (Y/N)."