No Tough Love

Eric had a disdain for you. You had no clue why but he did. He seemed to push you harder than the others and it took its toll. You'd often have bruises, broken bones and concussions.

At first he'd complimented you and you'd managed to stay at the head of the group. Until the second phase of your initiation. He became harder on you when you started slipping and ended up in the middle of the rankings.

"(Y/N)" Eric bellowed you name and you jumped. "You're fighting again."

"But I..." You started and he glared at you.

"You lost your fight and you're able to go again. Let's go." He motioned for you to get back onto the fighting mat.

You hesitated but fought as hard as you could and managed to win. Although you had several bruises and you were sore all over.

"Why're you being so hard on (Y/N)?" Four asked as he stood next to Eric and watching your first fight of the day.

"Why do you care?" Eric asked For who tutted his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he watched you glared at Eric who motioned for you to go again.

"I think I should step in if you're trying to kill an initiate." Four snapped quickly and glared at Eric who finally let you leave and head to get something to eat.

***********************************************

"(Y/N). You're with me." Four called as you gathered with the other initiates to find out what your mission would be.

"You. Well at least it's not Eric." You muttered and he chuckled, glancing to where Eric was already bellowing at his group.

Four led the group through the city, he was slow as he gaged the pace the group could go, then pushed you all hard. He kept in the group at the fastest pace of the slowest initiate and encouraged you all to work as a team.

Eric had been pitting you against each other. Fights to near death or no dinner. But Four seemed more than happy to pace you all.

As the day went on you found yourself struggling to keep pushing yourself. While everyone went ahead you slowed down but didn't notice someone sneaking up to you. They smacked you over the head. Your legs buckled as you crashed to the floor.

"Where am I?" You groaned as you started to move and wake up.

"I took you to one of the abandoned buildings, sent the others back to get a medic." Four said as he stopped you from moving. "They're taking a while, you caught the beginning of a riot, lucky I doubled back."

"Well I guess I'm glad it was you. Eric would've left me." You said as you slowly got up. He helped you to your feet and smiled as you held his arm for support.

"You know I don't think i've ever seen an initiate take a hit like that and stand right after... You're definitely going to need a break to recover." Four insisted as he helped you out of the building and back to the Dauntless faction.