Chapter 2

unedited

   By time Dan made it to work he was a few minutes late. Shit, that's a long ass line. He quickly got behind the counter only to receive a dirty look from the customer.

"I have been standing in this line for over ten minutes." She said crossing her arm and looking Dan up and down.

"What can I get you?" She rolled her eyes.

"I already told the other one what I wanted. God, don't you people communicate?" Dan let out a irritated sigh, "I'll go see what the hold up is, Ma'am." He turned away and rolled his eyes.

When he got into the back and saw his coworker trying to work one of the machines. "Do you want help." The other jumped as they let out a little shriek. Dan smiled as he laughed.

"You're late, and yes I need help. I think I broke it." Dan rolled his eyes before walking over to inspect the machine.

Once he noticed what the problem was he turned to the other and smirked at them before bursting into laughter. "Gage, you're such a dumbass." He walks over and picked up the cord that wasn't plugged in.

Gage turned red, "Oh, that makes since." Dan rolled his eyes and sighed.

"You know that can kill you, right?" Gage said pointing to the cigarette in Dan's hand. It was their lunch brake so know Dan was sat out back of the building killing his lungs. "You're point is..." He asked smirking. Gage grabbed it and put it out. "Didn't Daddy tell you that smoking is bad?" Dan blushed as he glared at them.

Gage knew about Dan's lifestyle, which he was fine with. They were glade Dan trusted them.

"You know that the spot is not filled at moment, so there is no one stopping me." Gage rolled their eyes.

"Do you have to work at the bar tonight? or the other place there?" The brunette laughed. Dan worked three jobs and yet he seemed to never have money. He leaned against the stone wall, shit, do I have to? "I have no clue, I'll have to call the bar and the gas station later to find out."