001

minhee left the house with tear stained cheeks and a runny nose. it's clear that he was crying again. he shut the door and walked towards the seawall. he sat at his usual spot and took a deep breath.

why can't i be like everyone else?

why won't they ever appreciate my efforts?

when will i be happy again?

he asked himself all those questions as tears were. running down his cheeks again. he brought his knees towards his face and let out sobs. not many people were passing by but those who were people who knew minhee. they knew what was going on and they knew that he just needed time alone.

but they don't really know. he needs someone to comfort him. he needs someone to understand him. he needs someone that will listen to him.

but nobody needs him.

he deeply sighs once again. the breeze is calming him as he looks at the ocean. there are two kids playing with their dogs smiling happily as their laugh heals the atmosphere around him.

how i wish i can be like them,

so young with nothing to worry about.

the sigh on his face was slowly replaced with a smile. he just watched the kids play. it sounds creepy but it's relaxing in moments like this.

a simple life was all i ever asked for.

i wish i can be happy again.

he doesn't feel like going back home. this place is so relaxing when sadness and anger fills your heart.

he starts thinking of everything he said earlier at home. he feels regret as his eyes start stinging again. he tries holding back his tears but he didn't try hard enough. there he is, sobbing with no care of his surroundings.

not again.

he thought to himself. its the third time minhee cried like this here this week.

when will this stop?

as thoughts overflow minhee's mind, little does he notice that he's not alone by the seaside.

a girl around his age sits down not too far from him. he glances at the girl but directly looks back at the sea as the tide slowly comes closer. little does he know that it isn't the tide thats coming closer to him.

"hi!"

the girl said a little too happily for minhee at the moment. he just sent her a smile with a small hi in his raspy voice. it was a little too obvious that he cried and she wasn't too dumb not to notice it.

"uhh. i'm sorry. are you okay?"

the boy was a little shocked as he heard the girl ask him that. why? no one asks if he is okay. no one asks him how was his day. no one gives a damn about him. he bites his lip a little just to try and hold back his tears, but fails miserably.

and that was all it took for the girl to come closer and comfort him.

she pat his back in order to make him feel better. minhee didn't care at the moment on what he looked like or how he is crying in front of someone he just met. his emotions got the best of himself.

it didn't take so long for minhee to calm down. he wiped his tears and blew his nose a couple of times.

"thank you."

he said to the girl with a slight smile on his face. he really appreciated just her being there with him. sure he has a few friends but he can't really tell them about things too personal.

"no problem."

she said. she took out her phone and checked the time.

shit its almost curfew.

she thought to herself. she didn't know how to break the awkward silence between them. minhee was just looking at the sea as she was wondering how to talk to him.

"hey its almost my curfew so i gotta go back. talk to you soon?"

"sure"

he answered with a small smile on his face. she took out a paper from the back of her phone case and gave it to minhee.

xx-xxxx-xxx
my phone number so my dumbass won't forget

he laughed at the message the girl put for herself at the paper and saved her number. he made his way back to his house and climbed the tree up to his room window so he doesn't have to pass through the front door.

i guess there really is something good in every day huh.

he smiled to himself as he layed down his bed and scrolled through social media.

————————————

hi everyone! this story has been in my drafts for quite some time and i decided to post this in honor of minhee debuting!! sadly my other two picks who i have a few drafts about didn't make it but there's probably something better for them. i'll probably post them in the future after editing them hehe.

anyways stan x1!

-author ;)