004

the two entered a dark alley a little far from everyone. there wasn't many people around and if there were any, they would just be some passersby.

"minhee, are you sure we're going somewhere to eat?" the girl asked with an obvious hint of fear in her voice. i mean who wouldn't be scared if someone you had just met brought you to a place like this?

"just trust me."

and yuna did as he said.

at the end of the valley was a sudden appearance of light. as they went closer, the girl's eyes glimmered in amazement as the both of them had smiles creeping up their faces.

"welcome to my favorite place here,
also known as the secret night market"

minhee said while the girl was looking around. he let out a small laugh at the girl's reaction.

the smell of grilling barbeque filled the area while different types of food are being served at each and every corner. there was some seafood, burgers, beef and much more. they even had desserts like shaved ice and churros. each and every single way she looked she got hungrier and hungrier.

"are you just gonna stare at the place or what?" minhee asked making the girl laugh and himself giggle.

"let me choose first." yuna said and took a good look through everything for 15 minutes. apparently minhee is a regular customer here making all of the vendors recognize his face and knowing what he orders.

the girl ended up getting flame grilled beef with fresh mango juice while the latter ordered some buffalo wings which made the girl stare at it in awe. as soon as each of them took a bite into their food they kept on talking about how good it is. their meal consisted of small talk as they just wanted to focus on eating.

"this place is amazing." yuna exclaimed. it may just be another night market but the overall view of the city made it a thousand times better.

"i know right."

"why don't many people come here?" the girl asked out of curiosity. it was bothering her how there were only around 10 other people here. usually night markets are packed, no available seats and nearly everything is sold. and to come and think of it, the place was far from everything and everyone.

"it's a long story" minhee said while sipping his drink.

"and we still have a lot of time." she said in hopes of minhee telling her why.

"well, here it goes"

"there's actually another night market in town. this one and that one owned by two brothers. both of them were doing well in terms of business."

"then one day a fight broke out between the two brothers leaving the older to be filled of jealousy because of how much better the other did. so he accused his younger brother of stealing the earnings of his business. the father believed what the older said and was really mad."

"the older convinced his father to have this night market closed. but the younger brother was smart and just changed the venue. both this and that market sell the same stuff but it's definitely cheaper here and way much yummier."

minhee said as he wrapped up the story clearly showing that he prefers this place over the other. meanwhile, yuna was really shocked as to how someone can actually make his anger take over themselves.

"how do you know this story?" the girl asked.

"i know who owns this night market."

"oh? who?"

"just a close friend of mine." minhee said as he finished his drink.

"also" the boy added.

"hmm??"

"there's a local group of friends that sings here every saturday."

"why aren't they here today? it's saturday today right?"

"they're just a group of students and only like one of them stayed here for the summer. but school starts next week so you might see them sometime." he said while finally finishing his drink.

the girl looked at her phone to check the time.

8:30pm

"it's getting pretty late." she said as minhee checked his phone.

"i guess we should start making our way back." the boy said as they threw their trash and left the area. as soon as they left they made their way to a place with more people. they got a taxi and the whole ride was silent. a comfortable silence to end the day.

the cab stopped in front of yuna's house where the two of them got off. minhee payed the driver as he drove off.

"thanks for today minhee. i enjoyed." the girl said before she entered her home.

"i should be thanking you. you're the one who invited me out anyway." minhee said with gratitude.

"i guess i'll go in now. bye kang minhee!" yuna said as she entered her house.

"goodbye hwang yuna"  he said as yuna closed the front door and he proceeded to cross the street.

yuna smiled as she walked into her house to be welcomed by her smirking brother watching tv.

"good day huh"  her older brother said with a smirk on his face.

"shut up yunseong oppa" she said as she rolled her eyes, smile not leaving her face. she went into her room and layed down her bed.

"i hope i can be really good friends with you, kang minhee."

———————————