3. A View of the Past

Ochako still could not believe how far her relationship has gone with Katsuki. It was hard for her to realize that 2 years ago Katsuki was a raging bull, angry every second of the day. He was never open about his feelings, never letting peace interfere with his anger. But Bakugou Katsuki was one of the only people who understood Ochako. Behind all the rage, he knew Ochako was determined to get stronger and faster. He was the only one who took her quirk seriously, saw the strength behind it, and was challenged by her motivation to fight and win.

In conclusion, he grew to respect her and she grew to respect him.

The intense battle during the Sports Festival opened the eyes of those two and it sparked an interest in both of their hearts. The extreme interest in wanting to challenge each other. 

Months after Katsuki defeated her in the competition, he was confronted by a round-face and small hands balled into determined fists. She stood closely in front of him and looked up into his red, glaring eyes. Her cheeks were too pink and too squishy for Katsuki to even look at so he stared straight into her eyes, unintentionally intimidating her.

"I-I need your help." Ochako stuttered a bit until she stood up straight and glared back at him with the same level of intimidation. She took a deep breath.

"With what Round-Face? I can't help you if you're not fucking specif-." 

"With close combat. Training. I want to train with you." She cut him off, boldly, still glaring into those eyes. He also continued to glare back. 

An unspoken staring contest.

"Why should I help you, idiot?"

"Because I can lend you my quirk. I can make you float, and I know how much you love to use yours, too." 

Katsuki smirked at her. He crossed his muscular arms and leaned to the side, attempting more tactics of intimidation. But, of course, the girl did not falter under his aura. He knew Ochako was growing stronger everyday, resolving to respecting her as a hero who had a lot of potential. He knew the type of power Ochako held in her hands. 

On the other hand, Ochako learned to watch others train, just like how she watched Katsuki train. She observed him as he improved gradually, and saw how he fought with such speed and strength that Ochako wanted to be just like him. Tough. Brave. 

Powerful.

"Fine. Meet me at the training grounds after school. And don't you dare be late!" 

_____

Every day since then, the two continued to train together. Practicing their unique quirks on each other, they realized that their powers combined were compelling and potent. Ochako used her quirk on Katsuki to eliminate his weight as he blasted his hands around in order to move himself through the air. It didn't take long for Katsuki to become familiar with being airborne but it took lots of practice for Ochako to. 

This requested training was a strange experience for the two but it also changed them. Their personalities began to balance off each other, where Katsuki grew to be kinder but still impudent, and Ochako grew more confident but still courteous. Even classmates noticed a shift in their personalities, and that was when they started to question their relationship. Soon after, the two realized they had mutual feelings for each other. Feelings that they never thought would appear. Feelings where faces would turn red and stares would go on for centuries.

Feelings that started after Ochako touched him over and over again during their training.

She will never forget the first time they kissed.

_____

Ochako kicked her leg out just before Katsuki tried to block. Her foot hit his solid body but he stumbled down to the ground. He kicked his leg out and toppled over his fighting partner, pinning her down with him on top. She opened her eyes to find red eyes looking down at hers. Katsuki hovered directly over Ochako with some pieces of hair dangling in front of his eyes. Sweat ran down his face and his heavy breaths lightly met the skin of her face. The sunset created a golden shine from above, and his eyes glowed brighter than usual. The two just stared at each other, with red faces, panting from exhaustion, until Ochako lifted her hand up. She slowly brushed her fingers through Katsuki's damp hair, away from his face. She felt the wetness from his sweat but still ruffled his fluffy hair, accidentally covering herself in the salty drops that scattered down onto her. Katsuki chuckled as he watched Ochako suffer and giggle through the shower of sweat.

Once Ochako's smile slowly drifted away, she didn't realize how much closer the two were as Katsuki started leaning closer. His eyes weren't on hers anymore. He wasn't glaring them into her brown eyes. He wasn't rolling them continuously at hers. He was focusing his eyes onto her lips. His lips were so close, yet so far. She knew he wouldn't do it first, he wouldn't lean into that one last bit. 

So she did. Ochako pushed herself up slowly, and their lips connected. The lips she met were hesitant at first, but they soon kissed her back as if an unspoken desire was quenched. Eyes closed, mouths moving into each other, hands attempting to pull each other closer, it felt like heaven to her.

Katsuki didn't expect it. He didn't expect Ochako to feel the same way about him. Just looking at her round face was so tempting to kiss. He wanted her all to himself, but he did not know how to express himself. But all of his worries disappeared when, with no words spoken, they kissed under the sunset, both wearing a black tank top and their gym uniform pants. 

____

*present day*

"Hey Uraraka, is that a hickey?" Todoroki asked.

"What-"