22 Her demons.

Her pov:

Ashton isn't entitled to do this to me. I think to myself as I walk away towards my place. My eyes blurry with tears.

"Leah?" A voice calls out as I make eye contact with a concerned expression peering at me through perfect hazel eyes.

"Marc?" I nearly gasp my tears making their way out of my eyes.

His hands are quick to take a hold of me as I allow myself to sob away into his arms. He caresses me as his hands rub my back.

"What is it that hurt you hazel?" He questions me with his teeth gritted. His eyes show complete honesty and sincerity.

"It's," I almost felt my throat choke with my emotions, "I don't want to talk about this."

"Hey there," he says as he runs a hand through my hair behind my neck, "it's okay hazel."

I love the sound of his voice and the way it says my name.

Hazel.

"Let's get you home." He tells me as he takes my hand and intertwines his fingers through mine. He walks me to his red Lamborghini.

"Ash-," I clamp my hand on my mouth as soon as those words flow out of my mouth.

"Yes princess?" He looks over at me as he offers me a bottle of water with a genuine smile.

"Marc, take me to the tracks." I tell him merely a whisper as the wheels screech in an instant turn down the lane of memories.

"Hazel, I understand you don't wanna speak about whatever's going on but can I at least hold your hand?" He asks me as he gives me one look. I stretch my hand out as I intertwine my fingers into his. His thumb rubs mine.

This feeling is alien. I feel a bit of guilt. I'm conflicted. What? Why? How?

"Marc," I tell him as I shut the door to his car, "where were you all this time?" I ask him as his expression fades.

"Hazel," he says as he gestures me to sit beside him on the old tracks. It's almost sunset and the sky is filled with a beautiful shade.

I scoot closer to him as my head makes it's way to his shoulders and right near his neck. I can feel the movement in his jaw realising he's cracking out a really cute smile.

"I was guilty about the mistakes I made." He pauses as I feel his grip tightening over me. "I lost the one who meant the world for me, but my world. My way. That wasn't right." He says as his voice cracks.

I lift myself up as I can gaze into his eyes. The hazel sparkles. His eyes look even more beautiful in this evening as I feel my heart beat faster.

"I snatched away that world from you." I say as I look down, my hair falling across my face and the wind blows past me earning me a warm smile from Marc.

"No hazel, it's my bad." He smiles apologetically as his hand makes its way to my cheek. "I was at my parent's."

"Oh." I trail off as it sends me through another wave of memories.

His mother. His father. His brother. I never knew what happened to them after what I had done.

"Hazel," he pulls me closer as he wraps me into a hug and allows me to cry silently. "Let's get you home now."

"I-," I say as my throat is blocked with my emotions.

"Hazel, let me get this straight. Who. Has. Hurt. You. This. Bad?" He says as I can feel his blood boiling.

"It's no one." I say weakly clutching him harder.

"I'll find out." He says. "If you want to go away from my life you may but that doesn't mean I stop looking out for you."

"Don't cut me down with those words." I say as I place a gentle kiss on his cheeks.

"Hazel?" He says as he places a kiss on my forehead. "And I can't stop myself from falling in love with you."

No. I can't return it back because. Maybe because I can't love you.

"Doesn't mean you need to return it back." He smiles assuringly as we walk back to his car.

As we reach home, we're greeted by a Lauren that's seeming a bit off.

"Hello." Marc sticks his hand out for her as she takes it surprised.

"You're here?" She says as she offers us some water.

"Yes. I'm." He says as he gives out a small smile that she returns.

Lauren's hand reaches her pocket as she pulls out her phone.

"Leah have you heard from Ashton?" She asks me as I choke on my water.

"It's him." Marc confirms. His eyes wide. "Answer that call." He seethes.

"Lauren don't." I say almost breathless.

"Hazel you could've told me." He speaks abashed.

"Marc-," I try to explain as he's withdrawing from me.

"Hello," I hear Lauren speak as she waves her hand through the air gesturing us to keep calm. "Yes she's here."

"He's asked to turn it to the speaker." She says as she covers the mic of the phone with her hands.

"Do it." Marc whispers as I can feel him burning.

"Did." Lauren speaks with her expression fixed.

"Leah dear, well this is the baby who was ready to beat the shit out of a guy?" He laughs darkly.

A small sob escapes my mouth as Marc glares at the phone his grip getting harder on the side of my couch. His eyes shut. His breathing heavy.

I hear the phone disconnect as I let my head fall into my hands. Silence fills the room as Lauren lets out a sigh.

"Why?" Marc speaks up as I can feel his gaze peering through my soul. The guilt returns back as to how I'd hurt him in the past.

"What's happening?" Lauren says as I lift my head to glare at her. "Wrong time." She smiles timidly as we hear thuds at our door.

My head snaps up at it as if I know it who's it. Marc gives out the same reaction as he darts towards the door and Lauren follows.

I stay put as if my entire body is frozen except my thoughts running through my mind.

Marc.
Ashton.
Lauren.
Alice.
Sara.
Edwin.
Guilt.

What have I gotten myself into. I sob more as I let my thoughts take control over me.

"Lauren." I can hear his growl. "You?" His small voice, almost a whisper but makes it audible enough to express his rage. "Pathetic." He spits as I hear the door tick shut. He's gone.

I hear footsteps approaching me. I guess it's time to answer some questions.

•••••