The Family Discussion

Camille's POV

"So..." I began, once Malakai and I had processed the crazy lives of our parents. We'd excused ourselves to go think, and ended up in his room.

"So?" he asked, grinning.

"We never really had a chance to talk. You know, after..." I had always been able to speak in complete sentences around him. Why not now?

"Do we have to talk?" He raised his eyebrows. "Can't we just kiss or something?"

"Well, that pretty much answered my question," I told him. "But are we really doing this? Like... the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing? Because unless someone says it outright, I'm really not sure—"

"Camille," Malakai cut me off, and took my hands. "Would you like be my girlfriend?"

I blushed, looking away. "Sure," I mumbled.

"Good," he said softly, lifting my chin and pressing his lips to mine. "Because I'd like to be your boyfriend."

Just then, I heard something outside his room. "Hold on," I said, more to myself than him. I got up off his bed, and headed over to the doorway. Carefully, I put my hand on the doorknob, and pulled his door open. Mom, Dad, Emily, and Asher all fell down in a huge pile on the floor.

"Would you like to explain what you were doing?" Malakai demanded, crossing his arms and coming to stand beside me.

"Not really," his mother admitted.

"Yeah, we're gonna go," Mom said, pulling Emily up and dragging her away. "You kids have fun!"

Dad and Asher stood up and looked at us. "Do you want to do the Dad talk or should I?" Asher asked.

"Oh, guys!" I cried, shoving them both out of the room. I slammed the door in their faces, and buried my face in my hands. "I don't know if we can still go out after that."

"Shame," Malakai said, grinning. "There's no one else I want more."

My smile grew more than I ever thought it could, and I leaped into his arms, happy that he caught me so I could kiss him again. And again. And again.