Saving the Vanguards (End)

The group of guardians led by Lex headed to the cliff edge. "I shall lead, let Vexsis believe Major has come for him. He will not expect the power surge. You three shall get your Miss Ray and your commander. Bring them up here. While I deal with Vexsis. Do not try to help me, Even if I look like I need it Cayde." Cayde held a hand over his chest, he looked offended. 

"Me? It's these two you need to worry about." He pointed across to Eberus and Frey. "Anyway, We shall head down the cliff face to the right hand side. Say hi for me when you kill him. Come on you two." He looked towards Eberus and Frey once again before running towards the right hand cliff edge. Eberus and Frey looked at each other, shrugged and followed him on. 

Lex watched as they begain scaling the steep face. She felt a little resistance from Major. "What is it? We need to go." She looked down at her hand and clenched it into a fist. When she opened it a small projection of Major appeared in her hand. The projection looked shocked to be there, flipping her hands over multiple times. "Major, please I need you to work with me." 

"I'm trying, I'm just so scared. Not being able to tell my body what to do is exactly what happened in the vault. With Atheon. Is there no other way to do this?" Lex shook her head. Looking around her, "No, You trust me don't you child. I want what is best for you." Her voice didn't sound any different to Major but she knew Lex had done something. She felt herself relax. "What are you doing?" She asked, her body feeling weak as her projection sat down. 

"Saving you from strife, Please, Rest." Lex had done something, She sent waves of light through Major's body, Those waves could be seen on the small projection, Major's projection looked up at Lex with fear in her tired eyes. "I'm sorry little one. It is the only way, you shall be released when we are done." She slowly closed her fist again, The projection falling into her palm once again, When she opened it once more it was no longer there. She no longer felt the resistance from Major. She could now fight. 

She walked over to the cliff edge. Looking over the fallen below her. Her eyes looked over to Cayde, He and the warlocks had made it down the cliff and were waiting for her. Cayde gave a small thumbs up before ducking back down behind the rock they were hidden behind. "Vexsis!" She shouted, getting the attention of the entire fallen force. "You have something that belongs to me!" Vexsis stood up. Looking at the hunter. Lex then maneuverer Major's body to begin a sprint off the cliff edge. She jumped off the cliff and used the light to fly down with a huge amount of force. When she landed she created a small shock wave that knocked over a few fallen. Her eyes burning with a purple flame.  

"You will pay for this Vexsis. With your life!" The fallen splicer looked at Lex and laughed, from the looks of it he was thinking it was Major stood in front of him. "Oh you want your void light back, How about this. You don't move a muscle and I don't throw these two into the ground at one hundred miles an hour." He waved the staff in front of him. Ikora's bubble flew forward. Sending the warlock into the bubble's wall. She was out cold, good, she didn't need to witness this. "You shouldn't have done that." 

"And what are you going to do?! I have the power of the nine behind me. They want me to destroy your leaders. To destroy the light. You are a mere hunter with no true power." 

Lex smiled. "We will see about that." She flung her hands forwards and vines sprouted from the ground around the splicer, Everywhere she pointed another vine sprouted, They fought the fallen forces around the splicer, killing most of them. "Now the playing field is evened out a little bit lets get to the matter at hand. That staff belongs to me. I want it back and I'm not afraid to use force." 

Vexsis smiled, "Oh really? That's really sweet, only. I know the staff isn't yours. It belongs to a nine member who... Upset my employer. He helped me get the staff now I can yield it however I see fit." He cackled in fallen screams, for a fallen he was extremely well spoken in the languages of the last city. But he wasn't well versed in the art of distraction as Lex flashed her eyes over towards the other group who were currently trying to break Zavala out of his prison. Cayde was sending light into the bubble to break it and the warlocks were underneath to catch the titan when he fell. Ikora's bubble was still between Lex and Vexsis. Just off to the side so the pair could look at each other. "Well I've also got an employer as per say? She wants the staff back. If that's with you dead she dosent mind. And I get some revenge so theirs that. You told me you wouldn't bother the last city again. That's the only reason I left you alive."