Chapter Six

DYLAN

I got a text from Ryan, one of my closest friends.

Ryan: Hey dude come to my party tonight. It starts at seven, see you there?

Dylan: I have to work tomorrow. I have to pay the bills, you know how it is. Sorry

Ryan: Just come over for a little, I know there's going to be a lot of hot girls there. Who knows, maybe you'll score one.

Dylan: Believe me the last thing I'm looking for is another one night stand with some random girl.

Ryan: Whatever you say man, but if you change your mind then just swing by for a bit.

I put my phone into my pocket and kept walking towards the break room. Even though he was one of my closest friends, I didn't always agree with all of his ideas. He didn't have his own place. He didn't have to pay any bills. He had no responsibilities, really. Since him and his twin sister still lived in their parents house, they had nothing to worry about. He did throw some good ass parties, though.

My shift had finished early today, and I thought about going to Ryan's party. If I went, I couldn't drink or stay too late. And I definetely couldn't sleep with a girl tonight. I decided to go for a little while. I went to my place and changed out of my lifeguard uniform and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. I drove over to Ryan's house, but when I got there, there was hardly any parking, so I parked around the block.

I walked in through the front door, which was unlocked, to find myself in a heavy mass of unrecognizable people. There were people playing beer pong, some dancing, some talking and laughing, and then there were people who just straight up didn't want to be there. Looking around, I casually made my way to the kitchen, where I knew all the food and refreshments would be. Ryan was standing in the center of the kitchen, doing some drinking challenge. I walked over to him, giving him a friendly slap on the back once he was announced the winner.

"Hey, Dylan! Glad you made it!" He yelled over the loud music.
"Yeah me too." I said, but I don't think he heard me. I walked away towards the food.

ALYSSA

To be honest I really didn't want to be here. I just decided to go because I wanted to make Lydia happy. Even though her parties were great, I really just wasn't feeling it tonight.

"Come on Alyssa." Lydia pulled me by my arm, towards her house, and we walked in through the front door. The music was so loud that when Lydia squealed in excitement, I was surprised that I was still able to hear her. She scanned the generously wide area, looking at all the people in the room. That was one thing I noticed. There were so many people-most of them just strangers that neither of us knew.

"Where's my brother?" She asked a girl who was pridefully strutting by. The girl was wearing tall, black heels, with a shimmery, short black dress. She had long blonde hair with perfect iron-made curls. For a minute she looked familiar in some way. Then I remembered that she was one of Ryan's close friends.

"He's in the kitchen." She responded, her voice carrying a soft melody.
Lydia started to walk towards the kitchen with me not too far behind. When we got there, Ryan was standing with a group of people. There was two guys in the middle chugging down beers and the people surrounding them were cheering and whistling loudly.

"Ryan!" Lydia yelled. Ryan quickly swiveled around, spilling a girl's beer who was standing next to him. He stumbled towards us.

"Hey sis. Hey Alyssa..." He said, quickly scanning me up and down. " Boy do you look hot." Then he winked while smiling, but I doubt Lydia was even listening. I knew he liked me; he told me himself. But the thing about him is that he's a player. Unlike with Jake, I wouldn't actually be surprised if I walked in on him having sex with someone. I ignored him away, for I had noticed that Lydia was long gone.
The only thing that would make this night bearable would be a drink. I walked over to a table where all the food and drinks were at. I'd served myself a drink and was right about to walk towards the music, when I felt an ice-cold wetness on my skin. Someone had spilled their drink on my shirt. It had then gripped onto my skin, causing me to yelp and shudder under the cold drink. I looked up and completely fell into shock when I had noticed who it was.