0.7

AURORA

AURORA

"yes, next week tuesday 1:30 is fine." i said into my phone. i was setting up a interview with the museum. i was wrapping up the call and while i wrapped it up i heard a my door bell go off. "okay bye!" i said walking to the door. i hung up the phone and opened my door to see zay.

"why yes my dearest friend?" i asked. "get ready it's 5:30" she demanded. she walked in and i closed the door. "for?" i asked. "i know x texted you sis, about the party" she reminded me. to be honest, i was not feeling like going to a party today. i didn't move down here to party every damn week. "nah i'll go to the next one. i never said i was going anyways" i said walking to the kitchen. she started laughing in my face, and i turned around confused.

"oh wow, you think you have a choice? aurora you know damn well you wanna go. go get dressed and take all the time you need." she said smiling as she placed a seat on the couch. i rolled my eyes, "i don't wanna party every week zalaya. that may be your cup of tea but i wanna have a job and be stable enough to pay bills." i said making a cup of tea.

"and you can do that, but you can also have fun rora. don't stress your own self out because you wanna be caught up in working and shit. you don't have to go to future parties. but this one will be big. i promise you, i won't bug you anymore to go to parties but please go to this one" she begged. i sighed.

"i'll be down in 30" i said walking upstairs.

••

i was in the midst of getting ready. i was fighting out what to wear. i decided i couldn't do this alone, "ZAY COME TO MY ROOM PLEASE" i yelped out. she walked up and came to me. "figure out my outfit since you wanna drag me around and shit" i said sitting on the bed with my towel wrapped around me.

she picked out a tan dress with thin straps. i put that on with clear heels and my hair into a ponytail. i fixed my makeup and edges and left with her.

we were on our way to the party as i grew nervous thinking about seeing ski. i only seen him twice but i just wanted to see him once more, lowkey. we pulled up to the place and i got out. i seen chill music playing, it wasn't like most parties i've been too. it was more of a vibing party, which is what i appreciated.

i found ski before finding x, "hey ski" i said smiling walking up to him as he sat on the couch with henny. "wassup pretty girl" he said smiling. i blushed a little harder then i thought i would, which caused me to turn the other way. "where's x?" i asked quietly. "he's upstairs, but he won't be down for a minute. sit" he smiled patting the empty space next to him on the couch.

i sat with ski and it got quiet. he said hi to a lot of girls and shit like that, but i didn't say anything about it since it wasn't my place. "how you liking the parties so far?" he asked me as he turned towards me. "they aren't really my thing, i- um i only go because of zalaya. this is her interest so i go to be a good friend" i explained while staring down.

"i see, well you got me. speaking of me, you tryna give me yo social or number?" he asked as he drank the hennessy bottle. i laughed, i don't know why but i did. "why would i give you that if we see each other often?" i questioned while smiling. "you think so?" he asked letting out a laugh. "here's this, if i see you the next time i'll give you my number." i stated. "i done already seen you three times" he said annoyed at my reasoning. "fourth time just to be sure" i said winking. he smiled and continued drinking his liquor.

••

throughout the party i never got to see x, but i eventually stayed with ski and waited on zalaya to be done so we can get home. "i seen you wit ski" she stated while driving. "so?" i asked, "bitch bye, you know damn well why i'm saying that" she said rolling her eyes. "whatever, whatever happens happens." i said as i laid back on the seat. "i feel you just don't let him get into whatever he wants" she stated. i rolled my eyes "yeah i know. but he's different then them" i said smiling