||26||

Edited: 04/06/24

Reuploaded: 06/06/24

° ❄️ °

"Hello, Mrs Yamanaka," I greeted Ino's Mum who was watering the plants in the flower shop, "is Ino around?"

"Yes, she's inside the shop," she replied, "oh? Who's this?"

"Ayanakoji," I replied, "picked him up on my way home and somehow I've ended up keeping him."

"You speak of me like I'm a dog..." Ayanakoji muttered from behind me, I laughed and ruffled his red hair before ushering him into the flower shop.

"Ino," I waved, "I need a favour."

The blonde girl looked up from her spot behind the counter and smiled.

"Welcome home, y/n," she greeted me, "what's the favour? Oh? Who's this?"

"This is the favour," I smiled, "meet Ayanakoji, he needs a haircut, mind helping?"

"No problem!" she grinned, "I'm Ino Yamanaka, nice to meet you Ayanakoji. Just follow me, I'll get your hair cut down quickly."

"I'll watch the counter," I told her, she nodded and gestured for Ayanakoji to follow her into the back room. I yawned and took her place behind the counter.

Minutes passed and I'm already bored.

"How does she stand behind this counter all day every day without fault. She's got a ton of patience that's for sure," I muttered to myself as Kurenai came in with Mirai on her shoulder.

"Hello, y/n, I didn't know you were home," Kurenai greeted me, I smiled.

"Came back yesterday, how're you?" I asked as Mirai reached out for me. I picked her up and held her as she pulled on my mask.

"I'm alright, anything new happen?" she asked, I nodded just as Ino and Ayanakoji walked back into the shop.

"Look at you, Ayanakoji, you definitely suit short hair better than long hair," I smiled at him, and he grinned up at me, "thanks for that, Ino."

"Anything for a friend," she smiled at me before smiling at Mirai in my arms and then greeting Kurenai.

"Who's that?" Ayanakoji asked me, pointing to Mirai.

"This is Mirai, my Goddaughter," I replied, "She's currently two years and a half."

"She's cute," he smiled before I passed her back to Kurenai.

"Who's this? I don't remember Shikamaru and you having a kid," Kurenai shot a teasing glance at me, "I thought you guys were going to wait a bit longer until you had kids."

"Oh s-shut up you," I shook my head, "this is Ayanakoji. I'm looking after him now."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kurenai," Kurenai smiled at the red head who just smiled back before grabbing my hand.

"Come on, I want to look around the shops!" he whined. I sighed and looked to the girls in a 'goodbye world' motion before waving and walking out the flower shop with Ayanakoji basically dragging me around.

Actually, that's basically all that happened.

Ayanakoji dragged me to a shop, we went in, bought some stuff, walked out and then I was dragged to the next one until eventually both of us were carrying a crap ton of bags and I wasn't liking it.

"Alright, time to go home," I sighed as Choji came around the corner.

"Oh, y/n, welcome home, and you must be Ayanakoji. I heard about you from Shikamaru, I'm Choji," Choji introduced himself to Ayanakoji, "need some help?"

"Please?" I nodded, he laughed and took some of the bags from both of us and we started walking and talking about random things. Apparently, Ayanakoji had taken quite the liking to Choji, from the way they were acting, I think the feeling was mutual.

°❄️°

"I'm done!" Ayanakoji shouted as he came into the livingroom where me and Choji were drinking tea.

"You put everything away quickly," Choji commented, "that's impressive. I hate tidying, it takes hours for me to finish."

I laughed.

"There's so many things you can imagine doing better than actually cleaning," I nodded, "but it's something you've got to do."

Choji nodded and sighed.

"Not to mention, being the head of a family is just tiring," he complained.

"Oh? Choza finally stepped down?" I asked, he nodded.

"The end of last year," he told me.

"Wow that makes you, Ino and Shikamaru all the heads of your families now," I smiled, "oh how time flies."

"Don't forget yourself in that list, head of the l/n clan," Choji raised a brow at me, and I sighed, "you were only let off temporarily since you were travelling nonstop for the past year. You're back now, you best know that Mina will be giving your title back to you. She hates being head of house."

"Well, how do you think I enjoy it, hm?" I sighed.

"Hey, y/n, I think we forgot to do something," Ayanakoji poked me, I looked at him curiously before realising.

"Oh crap—" I cursed, "I was supposed to sign you up for the academy!"

"No cursing around the children," Choji hit the back of my head disapprovingly, "but if you fill out a form, I'll give it in with the Akimichi kids list."

"Oh really?" I asked, he nodded, "Choji you are a life saver."

He grinned and passed me one of the spare forms in his folder.

"OK," I nodded and started filling the details in.

Name: Ayanakoji
Age: 7
Guardians/parents: F/n l/n Nara, Shikamaru Nara
Clan: _________
Birthday: _________

Then I stopped writing and frowned.

"What clan does he belong to?" I asked, "and when's your birthday?"

"My birthday is 31st of July," Ayanakoji replied.

"And his clan?" Choji asked, "if he's with you and Shikamaru doesn't that make him part of both yours and his clan?"

"Not necessarily," I shook my head before looking at the boy, "what's your last name?"

"My last name?" he asked, "Uzumaki. Couldn't you tell by my hair?"

I took in his appearance again and chuckled.

"I'm quite oblivious to that sort of thing," I replied.

The Uzumaki clan, used to be pretty big, now it's small and the members are all over the place. They're mostly distinguished by their unique red hair and wild personalities, though as we know from two people in particular, this isn't a permanent rule. Guess I didn't really think about it.

Name: Ayanakoji Uzumaki
Age: 7
Guardians/parents: F/n l/n Nara, Shikamaru Nara
Clan: Uzumaki
Birthday: 7/31 (or 31/7)

"He's an Uzumaki, that means I can give him to Naruto right?" I asked slyly looking over to Choji who seemed to guess I was going to ask that.

"No!" he shouted, whacking my head, I sighed and passed him the paper while rubbing my head.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry," I pouted.

"Anyway, I need to go give these in," Choji stood up, "thanks for the tea."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off, still pouting, "the nerve of him, hitting my head. Bast—uh—...nope, no non-curse insult in this head."

Bastard.