||27||

Edited: 04/06/24

Reuploaded: 06/06/24

° ❄️ °

L/n clan names Old --> New

Zyra --> Zera

Xander --> Kenji (there aren't any X names, but I've been advised to switch X with K)

Zak --> Zen

°❄️°

"Shika," I groaned as he started moving around.

"Sorry, I've got to get to work," Shikamaru apologised, sitting on my side of the bed and cupping my cheek. I placed my hand on his and sat up before looking to the side where the clock was sat.

"It's only 5am, what could you possibly need to do?" I asked him groggily, he chuckled and kissed my nose.

"I know, but I left a stack of work last night so I could make sure Ayanakoji settled in properly," he told me, I sighed and dropped my head onto his shoulder.

"You didn't have to do that you know," I told him, "I was fine doing it myself."

"Well. you did write my name down as one of his Guardians on his academy sheet," he reminded me.

"How'd you know that?" I asked, he smiled and tapped the side of his nose, "Don't give me that. Tell me..."

"I was going through Kakashi's mess of a workspace and came across them, I got curious when Ayanakoji's was amongst the Akimichi register," he told me, "Choji came over yesterday, didn't he?"

I nodded.

"Anyway an Uzumaki, huh?" he asked, I nodded, "shouldn't Naruto have him then?"

"It'd make sense, but I am actually starting to like having another person in the house," I smiled, "it's less...empty. And also, Naruto would kill the kid before he reached ten years old so... safer here."

He let out a light laugh and kissed my forehead before standing up.

"I need to go, I'll be home late so don't stay up, ok?" he told me, I nodded and smiled.

"Work hard," I said, "I'll bring you something to eat around lunch, or are you meeting Ino and Cho?"

"No, I'm in office, so if you will, thank you," he told me, I nodded, "and if you're not busy..."

He looked away with a slight tint on his cheeks.

"... maybe you can eat with me?" he suggested, I smiled again and jumped on his back.

"Sure," I whispered before dropping myself onto the bed, he just looked at me with a shocked expression before he smiled and waved.

"You're so troublesome," he sighed, "anyway, I'll see you at lunch. I love you."

"I love you too, work hard," I waved back before rolling into Shikamaru's side of the bed, it was much warmer than my side anyway.

°❄️°

"Alright, time to wake up, Ayanakoji!" I shouted before turning my attention back to the cooker and plating our breakfast.

"This isn't fair, I wanted to sleep more," Ayanakoji whined as he plopped down on one of the seats, I turned around and placed his plate in front of him before putting mine down where I was about to sit down.

"Don't complain," I shook my head.

"Shikamaru not having breakfast with us?" he asked, looking at the seat next to me, I shook my head again.

"He went to work early this morning," I told him.

"Well then, thanks for the meal," he bowed his head before starting to eat, "aw yeah! This is delicious!"

I laughed before bowing my head and then beginning to eat.

"When do I start at the academy?" Ayanakoji asked.

"Tomorrow, I guess?" I shrugged, "I'm not too sure, hey, you might end up being in the same class as my little cousin."

"Oh really?" he asked, "thinking of it now, I haven't actually met any of your family. What're they like?"

"You've met one of my older cousins, Zethran, the medic nin who we went to see," I told him, he gawked.

"That giant was your cousin?!" he exclaimed, "no freaking way!"

I burst out laughing.

"Yeah," I nodded, "anyway, there's three other cousins, my other oldest Zera, she's married to a dude called Kye and they have a little girl, she'll be 4 months now and she's called Kira. Then there's the one the same age as me, he's called Kenji, and he likes just waltzing in here whenever he likes. Then the youngest, Zen and he's your age, actually, he just turned 7 but he's in your age group. Then my Aunt, Mina, she's a lovely woman. Oh, and Zethran has a wife and a daughter, his wife is called Tamara, and his daughter is called Lelei, from what I understand, Lelei is just a bit older than a newborn."

"Sounds really big," Ayanakoji said.

It used to be bigger...

"Koji," I nodded, he looked at me curiously, "your name is too long. I'll call you Koji, it's easier."

"Koji?" he repeated before nodding, "I like that."

"Good to know, you weren't escaping it anyway," I replied before taking his empty plate along with mine and washing them, "want to meet my Aunt?"

"Sure!" he smiled, "but can I ask something?"

"You already have," I told him, he sighed.

"Fine can I ask two things?"

"You just did," I smiled, and he groaned.

"Alright, how about four things?!" he got really into the joke, and it made me laugh.

"You already did," I told him with a smirk.

"When?" he asked.

"Just then," I said in a mocking sing-song voice. He frowned and glared at me.

"Alright, alright," I put my hands up in defence, "what's your question?"

"Well I was wondering why this section of the village seems like a completely different world to the rest of the village," he replied as we both pulled our shoes on and left the house.

"Well, you see, this is the l/n clan's land, it's not a different world but it is our living district," I replied, "it's just like the other clans' lands."

"Doesn't that mean only l/n's can live here?" he asked as I led him to Mina's house, I shrugged.

"Probably but because I'm technically the head of the l/n clan, I'm allowed to live here and because Shika is my husband and a half member then he's allowed as well," I told him.

"So that means because I'm your ward, then I get to live here too?" he asked, I nodded.

"You're part of our wild family now," I pulled him into a head lock and ruffled his hair, he pushed against me and complained before I finally released him and smiled down at his frowning form.

Yeah, he's family now.