one: a start to senior year.

*beep* *beep* *beep*
ughhhh
*beep* *beep* *beep*

I slapped my alarm clock repeatedly to shut off.

*beep* *be-*
finally.

I yawned, and sat up in bed.
6:30am. Time for my first day of senior year.

"Hey! Janie!" My older brother Tevan whispered as he came into my room and softly shut the door.

"Hey, Te. What's wrong?" I asked as Tevan sat on my bed.

"Nothing..I moved dad to his bed last night so you could get ready easier this morning."

"Te, that's so sweet...how'd he react?" I asked.

"Too passed out to realize I was moving him."

I rolled my eyes. "Sounds like him."

Tevan sighed.

fuck, tevan doesn't deserve this. he's 22 and feels like he can't move out. he shouldn't feel obligated to take care of our father for me. i can deal with dad, he shouldn't have to.

I rubbed my eyes. "I love you, Te."

"Love you, too." Tevan said, smiling and getting up.
We smiled at each other, and Tevan left my room.

sigh.
i should make myself look good for today.
as they say...act & look the way you want to feel.

I walked to my closet, and opened it's curtains. The curtains are white, with funky looking sunflowers and succulents all over it. It matches perfectly with my tan colored walls.

do i wear a dress?
a cool t-shirt and jeans?
is a skirt the way to go?
i think it's supposed to be 80 degrees today...maybe i will wear a dress.

I grabbed a dress from the far end of my closet. A place where I never really look.

hmm..this is cute.

I made my way over to my shoe rack, and grabbed a pair of white Fila's that I paid a little too much for. Then I threw it all on.

                                                                  (this is the dress I'm imagining)

I pulled my hair out of the ponytail it's been resting in all night, and set my hair tie on my vanity. Then, I opened the second drawer of my vanity, and pulled out a curling wand.

To make a wave effect, I used a curling wand & shook out my hair after I finished curling all the pieces.

I then opened my top drawer, and pulled out an eyeshadow palette. I did some light brown & yellow eyeshadow, and lightly bronzed my face.

i think that's it? let me look at the time-
7:34am.
okay, i have a half an hour for breakfast, then Tevan says he'll drive me to school on his way to work.