Twenty

I'm going to be honest. I did freak out when my identity was revealed. That's why I hung up the call with Hide without a proper explanation. A cowardly move, I know, but what could I say? I still don't feel comfortable with Kirishima knowing about my gender so of course, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling Daisy and Jared.

Besides, other things kept me occupied from the issue at hand.

"Summing up everything that has happened, you are a girl," was what Retsu had told me the day after the call.

I could only stare at her in shock. However, I tried to deny it once again. "W-what are you talking about, Retsu-san? What has led you to believe that?"

Retsu placed a finger to her lips as if in deep thought. "You act like a girl--"

"I like feminine things," I argued. Retsu didn't stop.

"Your voice is high like a girls', the pervert molested you because of your body shape--"

I clenched my jaw. It's not my fault that man felt me up in the crowded train. I didn't beg him to touch me.

"And if put together everything to how you react, it isn't hard to guess you are one. Also, the dead give away is your face."

My heart sank. Unable to look at Retsu's smug expression, I looked at my desk. I knew from the beginning that I don't pass, but having it pointed out hurts. Especially now when rumors are circulating regarding my gender.

"It's not my fault I was born with such a feminine face," I said quietly to my desk. Hearing Retsu groan brought my gaze back to her. She had a hand on her forehead.

"Mou," she let out. "I came here to confirm my suspicions, not to make you upset." Facing me, Retsu used her other hand to lift my chin. "I don't care if the rumors are true. I simply want to know what you think since you're dating Kirishima-kun."

My eyes went wide. "How--?"

"In all the years that I've known him, I've picked up on his dating habits. That," Retsu pointed at the intricately patterned pen Kirishima had given me yesterday, "is given to every guy he dates. It's one of a kind."

Hearing this had me blushing. I picked it up and stared at it. Does Kirishima give a pen such as this to guys he's been in a relationship with? Somehow knowing this made me frown. How many guys will I see with this exact pen?

"After the breakup, Kirishima-kun asks for the pen back. As I said, it's one of a kind customized by his oba-chan."

Still staring at the pen, I asked slowly, "why are you telling me this?"

"Yui-chan seems to have been worrying about you," Retsu said. "She wanted me to stop the rumors going around. Of course, I can't stop them unless I know they're false. Although I would do anything to make Yui-chan happy."

"My relationship has nothing to do with my gender though."

"If everyone knows you and Kirishima-kun are dating, the rumors will stop as he is known to only go out with real men. So, are you?"

Everyone knows Kirishima is gay. If word gets around about our relationship, I won't have to worry about the staring and talking about. Heck, I might even be able to hang out with Takahashi's group again. Looking at every student in the room, I made up my mind.

"I am." Two words are all I need. And they're all Retsu needed to nod her head and run off.

With that problem out of the way, I accepted the week head-on without caring about what others thought. Nobody acted hastily. Kirishima and I were treated like any other couple on campus. People apologized to me for having believed the rumor, and Takahashi admitted being relieved seeing me be unaffected by the rumor now that he knows about Kirishima and me.