Chapter 22: BTS At The Beach (Part 2/2)

Click.

Click click click, click click.

Taehyung's camera was getting good use at the lighthouse. They were lucky enough to secure the entire place for an hour, and a "closed for maintenance" sign hung on the door at the front entrance.

The Boys paraded around the space like happy tourists, touching the old wood, enjoying the view, and taking plenty of photos of the lighthouse and themselves. Despite the seriousness that Namjoon spoke to Sera with earlier, expressing his concerns must have lifted a load off of his chest, because even he seemed to enjoy himself in the tower.

Sera leaned against the railing on the terrace that protruded from the top of the lighthouse. The view was breathtaking, even if the height was a little unnerving. She stood by herself, staring out onto the water. She closed her eyes and took a long, slow, deep breath of the salty air. She exhaled steadily, feeling the air slowly escape.

The sound of a camera shutter nearby made her jump, and she suddenly saw Jungkook appear next to her, his phone held up in his hand.

"Sorry," he said, looking at the picture. "You looked so peaceful."

"So I'm not allowed to take pictures of you, but you're allowed to take pictures of me?" She scoffed.

"That sounds about right," he said with a mischievous grin.

"Whatever," she chuckled. "I've actually never been to this lighthouse. It's nice."

He watched her watch the ocean. "Yeah, it's pretty for sure."

They stood in comfortable silence, taking in the view. Jungkook started talking first.

"You said you had something to tell me in private, right?"

Sera tried not to frown, though she felt stressed. "Yeah, I do. But it's not very pleasant, and I'm not sure if I should do it in the middle of the day and ruin your vacation."

"Nah, you couldn't keep me from having fun even if you tried."

She chuckled weakly. "Well... I promised to tell you things from now on, so I have to uphold that. To put it in short terms, that problem I thought was solved seems to have gotten worse. That woman who's obsessed with you - Nakamura Miyoung - she sent me a threat. It's anonymous, but I'm sure it's her."

"What?"

Sera pulled up the email on her phone and showed it to him. He took the phone himself and read it carefully, brow furrowed.

"I also found out a few days ago that when she broke into my apartment, she installed a bunch of spycams in it. I don't know what she was trying to accomplish. But I can't stay there anymore when I go back to Korea. I'm hoping to deal with it when I can go to the police in person."

"God," he mumbled, handing the phone back to her. "She's the one who hacked into your accounts, right?"

"Yeah. But she shouldn't have your new Makao chat or phone number. I would be careful either way, though. That's why I've been trying to call you instead of chatting. I just can't be sure anymore. Anyway, you need to blacklist her before it gets worse. Report her to your security and lock her out of everything Big Kit if you can."

"Consider it done," he said, rapidly sending emails on his phone. When he was done, he re-pocketed the device and leaned on the railing with her, sighing. "How did she even find out about us talking in the first place?"

"Hard to say. But she and I did work next to each other while I was at LIME, so who knows how much snooping she was doing." Sera sighed, becoming sheepish. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I thought I was being careful."