Chapter 45: Breaking the News... Literally

In that moment, it was like the world went quiet. Time seemed to slow down. Sera was speechless, her eyes moving from Jungkook, to the couple ring, and back again.

Jungkook started to pull back. "I'm sorry, I really put you on the spot. You don't have to-"

Sera grabbed his wrist before he went too far. "Yes. I want to be yours."

A wide grin spread across Jungkook's face, and his eyes twinkled at her with pure joy. Shyly, she returned the expression, and held out her hand for Jungkook to slip the ring on. She looked at it with happy disbelief.

"It's lovely, and I'm just having a hard time believing this is reality right now."

Jungkook shyly kept his eyes on their hands, and slipped his own ring on. "I'm pretty happy too."

The new couple changed the subject to other things, which were trivial, but anything they talked about felt exciting with the new atmosphere, which felt electric. Sera was almost disappointed to part and return to the sleepover, but at the same time, felt giddy with the change of status.

At the door to the apartment, they lingered and fumbled with their hands.

"...Have fun with the sleepover," Jungkook said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah. Get home safe." Sera smiled at him, and without warning, Jungkook suddenly pecked her on the lips and immediately turned to leave, practically scurrying to the elevator.

She watched him leave as her face reddened and a goofy smile bloomed on her face. He momentarily waved at her one more time before stepping into the elevator. Biting her lip, Sera re-entered Bo-young's apartment.

The women still gathered in the lavish living room waved absentmindedly when Sera arrived again, as they were still very much absorbed in the drama episode and making comments out loud. Bo-young gestured to Sera to come sit by her.

"This drama seems pretty interesting," Sera said quietly, taking her place on the couch next to Bo-young.

"Yeah, but never mind that. How did it go?"

Sera was grateful that her blush couldn't be perceived in the dim lighting. "Good. Very good." It's not like she wanted it to be a secret that she and Jungkook were now going out, but it seemed like an unspoken agreement between them that they'd wait a few days and find a good opportunity to inform their close friends. She wanted to do so with Jungkook.

Bo-young seemed satisfied with this answer and pressed no more, absorbing back into the episode. And while Sera watched the TV screen with her eyes, her mind was drifting back to her new beau.

--

The rest of the evening was much more relaxed than Sera anticipated for a "celebrity" sleepover. Who knew - it was just a normal sleepover (except for the luxurious food and high-quality comforters). The other girls gave Sera her space, while also asking friendly questions and letting Sera do the same. She tried to keep her curiosity mostly at bay and asked more about their personal lives than their professional activities.

She was happy to find that IU was just as humorous as she was in her vlogs, and made a lot of jokes that sent them into giggling fits. They finished the entire spread for dinner before bed and mostly chatted over a few cocktails before drifting off to sleep one by one. It appeared that everyone was still very much tired from each individual's daily activities.

In the morning, In Na was the first to leave shortly after breakfast at dawn, while most of the other women sleepily said their goodbyes and dozed back off. Hye-jin woke up around when Sera did, and they partnered up to start munching on leftovers from the kitchen while trying to put their heads together on how to work Bo-young's espresso machine. Sera found that she picked up a few things by osmosis from her time living with Woobin, and the others awoke to the smell of fresh coffee, which enticed them to the kitchen as well.