Chapter 48: Jungkook in the U.S. (1/2)

Jungkook was a long-time pro at flying, and he expertly timed his short nap to counteract any possible jet lag he would have experienced in the U.S. he stayed awake most of the 17-hour flight, feeling giddy at the thought of reuniting with his girlfriend again.

He wasn't just giddy, but nervous, too. He wasn't sure how Sera would react to her birthday surprise. He hoped with all his heart it would be positive, though.

After some time, the private jet finally landed at a small, secluded airport. Jungkook stood up and stretched his limbs, then grabbed his carry-on bags and headed to the exit.

Waiting to greet him was the usual line of black vans and security, but with one crucial difference: Moon Sera was present and waiting to greet him. They locked eyes immediately, and seemed to grin in unison. Even the security guards paused to observe the endearing moment.

Jungkook swiftly cleared the ramp, and Sera came to meet him. He dropped his bags and pulled her into a bear hug, even picking her up for a few moments.

"I forgot how light you are," he commented as he finally loosened his grip.

Sera briefly cupped his face in her hands. "I'm really glad to see you. Let's get going, yeah? Your manager's already briefed me."

The couple made their way to one of the black vans. Jungkook's U.S. manager had briefed Sera about the conditions of the trip and the necessary precautions - Jungkook would head straight to the hotel and it went without saying that they needed to be extra careful about everything. But otherwise, Jungkook was there to visit Sera and have fun before his official vacation period was over.

Jungkook couldn't let go of her hand in the car. There was a particularly warm feeling in Sera's heart as she took in the fact that he came to the U.S. this time, and to see her.

The hotel was luxury and close to the airport, so they reached it not long after Jungkook's arrival. They entered through the underground garage and Jungkook masked up before unloading. To Sera's surprise, the manager handed her a mask and baseball cap as well.

"Ah... now that I think about it, that makes sense," she said politely, albeit awkward. She covered her face and hair accordingly. However, looking at Jungkook having to do the same next to her, she felt a little closer to him.

The team split up, with a single security guard, Sera, Jungkook, and his manager entering the secret elevator directly to his floor as the other staff members broke off to handle other matters.

"I'll give you both some privacy after we check out your room, but I'm sure it goes without saying to behave... Johnny will be by the elevators if you need anything. As always, just holler. And remember, we have a meeting tomorrow morning bright and early just to make sure we're on the same page about procedure."

"Yes sir," Jungkook nodded brightly. He was definitely in good spirits.

As promised, his manager did a thorough last sweep of the hotel room before leaving the two alone. For some reason, Sera's cheeks burned.

Jungkook laughed at her reaction. "We've basically lived together already, so how could you possibly be getting embarrassed?" he teased.

"I-It's been a minute, okay!" Sera responded, though she was smiling too.

"Are you afraid I'm going to do something?" he continued, moving a little closer.

"I'm not afraid of anything," she said somewhat mischievously.

"Then I have permission to kiss you?"

"You can assume you always have permission to do that."

Jungkook instantly closed the distance and gently held her face in his hands as he pressed his lips on hers. Sera felt her breath leave her body and reciprocated.