Chapter Four

Text messages are going be in aligned to the center and are as follows

John-normal text

Herc- bold text

Laf- italics

You know I'd take it all back, take it all back, take it all back

I'd take it all back just to have you

John Laurens II

I get an answer from Herc almost immediately.

Having curvy thoughts again, Johnny?

1)Curvy is not how you define it, and 2)My name isn't Johnny. It's John.

Just teasing you. Who is it?

You know the Jumping Bean, right?

Yeah, that brown coffee shop a block away?

Their morning shift barista is hot.

Herc sends a looking eyes emoji.

His name is Alexander with last name initial H.

Very specific, Laurens. As if I know how to find him. I asked for what he looked like. Just describe him.

Well, he has bright red hair and these really pretty blue-ish eyes but they also have a hint of purple. He also has freckles.

Hm. Maybe he's up for consideration for our precious John.

Laf jumps in at this point.

Wouldn't be the first person who works at the Jumping Bean to date someone from our trio.

That was one person for like a week!

I let out a laugh. I have a feeling that Alex is glaring at me again, but who is he to judge?

So, you gonna help me or not?

Well, you have to ask him out first.

Somewhere fancy that'll impress him!!

Uhhhh, I don't know.

Just do it, you poulet.

I don't speak French.

It means chicken! You chicken!

John, it's almost 8. Better be at the metro station soon--early bird gets the fat worms!

Okay, Herc. It was nice talking to you two.

You're our bro. We're always here for ya.

yeet

Thanks. Bye!

Bye

yeet

Shut up Laf

I close my phone, say goodbye to Alex, and walk out of the Jumping Bean, feeling very refreshed. I was ready for my first day on the job.

8 hours passed of them teaching me. That was all. Not super exciting, but I guess it's better than jumping straight in with no knowledge. Quite simple, what they told me to do. I'll actually start working tomorrow.

It's nevertheless tiring to consume all that information. But I made it without getting fired! Or being late! But that was all Laf and Herc!

Calling both of them, I invite them to dinner at Denny's. For me it was celebrating my success, but for them just an opportunity to get free food. I can't blame them. Denny's food is delicious. A fancy restaurant can barely beat fast food for the residents of the second-floor apartment of some random building in New York City.