Chapter Eleven ~ Hidden Kingdom (4/4)

Martha approached her desk with Y/N close behind, should she reveal the truth?

Was it too soon?

Was Y/N ready?

No she couldn't, not yet.

It wasn't that she didn't think Y/N couldn't be trusted quite the opposite, it was more a matter of taking things slow and making sure everything went according to plan.

"Martha are you messing with me? I'm completely freaked out by what just happened, in all honesty I'm starting to question my own sanity."

"I'm not nor would I ever be so cruel as to deceive you in such a way sweetheart, what you just experienced was very real."

Y/N couldn't fathom how something like what she just experienced was even possible, Martha must be losing her own grip on reality.

There was no other explanation, what she just witnessed couldn't be real.

It was a parlour trick, a cruel yet masterful illusion.

"I don't mean any disrespect Martha, you've always been good to me but whatever games you're playing need to stop. I would love to believe that other realms exist, my whole life I've always craved adventure but the truth is that only happens in fairytales. I don't know why you're doing this, I don't know who that guy is but the two of you need to stop." Y/N didn't know what else to say, it was evident Martha wasn't going to explain herself and so her time at the house was over. "Have a nice evening Martha." Y/N took one last look at the mirror before spinning around and heading out.

Martha could only watch as the angry young woman disappeared down the hallway, once the main door opened and slammed shut Martha dropped down on the chair behind her desk with a sigh and furrowed brow.

That hadn't exactly gone to plan.

What was she supposed to do now?

Martha expected Y/N to be confused, frightened and have lots of questions but what she didn't expect was her to find the mirror.

That wasn't the plan.

Her connection to the prince was much stronger than expected.

The plan was to show her the book and paintings, slowly introduce her to the world as it was and not what people assumed it to be. Instead the young woman had gone exploring, discovered the saroir mirror and seen through to Taehyung's realm.

This wasn't good, what was she supposed to do now?

It was time to speak with her sister.

The two agreed to only speak when the situation called for it, Martha believed it certainly did and so she pushed herself up and approached the mirror.

"I know you're there onónë, we need to speak." Martha spoke clearly, watching as mist swirled within the saroir.

The saroir was a magical artifact within the elven kingdom, it allowed those with a strong bond or uiveleth as the elven people called it to connect through realms without having to travel through the gateways. It required an extremely powerful connection, one through blood or soul and it seemed without even meeting Y/N and the prince already had that unique relationship.

Martha was deep in thought as the mist cleared and a very familiar face appeared.

"Suilad méla onónë." The whimsical voice of her older sister instantly calmed Martha, it suddenly dawned on her just how much time they had spent apart.