Chapter Fifteen ~ Jungkook

Jungkook reluctantly left Jin to say his goodbyes, dark eyes filled with concern and brows furrowed.

Something didn't feel right.

Years leading the guard provided Jungkook with a certain set of skills, one of which was his ability to sense danger and he was never usually wrong when it came to these things. It was his job, his duty to protect the people from any and all threats. Yet this felt different, he was nervous.

Jungkook was never usually nervous.

Jin was about to make his first journey through the gateway and even though Jungkook didn't doubt his brother was worthy, a small part of him still worried. It was a huge deal, not only does the individual need to be pure of heart but also mentally and physically strong enough to reach the Ando Thúle.

The Ando Thúle (Temple Of Spirits) was a temple located deep within the Zephyr forest, it was where the passage to the gateways began but in order for them to reach the Ando Thúle they first had to cross Zephyr.

That wasn't going to be easy.

The forest itself was vast, filled with beautiful yet deadly creatures and forna. Jungkook only crossed through the forest once a year during the annual expedition and even though they always made it safely to the temple it didn't mean they never encountered dangers. Jungkook liked to think he was prepared for this journey, making sure to map out the terrain and work out their exact route. There was going to be six of his guards joining the party, those with knowledge of the forest who he trusted to keep his family protected.

Yet something felt different this time.

"Haryon! Ilquárea!" (Haryon: Prince ~ Ilquárea: Commander.)

The youngest prince was halfway across the courtyard, still deep in troublesome thoughts when one of his guards called to him from the stables.

"Speak Ailmar

"Speak Ailmar." Jungkook instructed, hand coming to rest on the hilt of his sword.

Ailmar was one of his most trusted men, he would be joining them on the expedition as he did the previous year.