Chapter 1:Not. Morning Person

Authors note~ This story is in 1st person about a 12 year old Mexican American boy named Ness and his dad (Marco) and step mom (Betty) and older brother (Devin) They live in Savannah, Atalanta.

BOOOOOM!!!!!! I woke up at the sound of a huge explosion, it almost made me jump off my bed. I sat up and yawned, looking at the alarm in big red bold numbers it read: 3:29AM. Yawning I got out of bed, of course my lazy self almost fell down the stairs, I walked over to my parents room to check, I creaked the door open and put my head through the crack. I immediately noticed that my Dad was Gone. "Oh well he must've had a morning shift at his job" I thought to myself. Walking to the kitchen I noticed a red liquid splatted on the glass, I panicked and ran up stairs, all the thoughts of what or who could've made that stain raced through my mind as I ran to my room I heard the glass door open there were people screaming in the background. I yelped as I saw my door. I was so desperate to get to it. I grab the door knob and turned it so hard it almost twisted off, most people say I have a good strong grip for a 12 year old, I slammed the door and locked. I Lifted my bed cushion and grabbed a little hand axe and ran to the corner of my room shivering in the dark, holding the handle of the axe with both hands like it was my life. My door knob started turning, my life flashed before my eyes. BAM BAM BAM "NESS open this damn door!" A soon as I heard that voice I recognized who it was it was my Dad. I let a sigh of relief "Hold on" I said quickly hiding the little axe in my closet under some dirty socks. I walked over to the door and opened at the sight of him, I jumped back at the sight of my dad splattered in blood. "What's going on?!" I asked harshly "Wake up your brother and pack up" he said rapidly "but wha-"

"Just do what I ask you" he said before he walked out my room. Walking over to my brothers room, I stopped at the front of his door , I could smell his cologne from the other side. I knocked, no response, Knocking harder still didn't get a response. Opening the door a blast of light shined on my light brown skin, squinting until I got used to the light I look and he was sitting on his bed with his backpack packed and his headphones on full blast. I walked out silently and ran to my room grabbing my backpack and sticking random clothe and other junk in there and I also grabbed the small axe and stuck it in the front pocket. I always take my small axe everywhere just incase I need it, once I got in big trouble for bringing it to the airport . I grabbed my 45.00 dollars I had I shoved them in my pocket, I grabbed my rosemary and put it.

"EVERYONE READY?!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I put on my backpack, opened the door and walked downstairs with my brother next to me.

Authors note~ Guys this is my first chapter of my first story.👌