Chapter 2: Glass Panes

I walked down stairs with suspicion of what's happening and where we're going. When I got to the kitchen I saw my dad giving my step mom a gun "here take this, shoot anyone that comes in" He said, my mom just nodded nervously. I knew something was wrong . I walked over and table and sat down next to my brother, who was playing with my dad's pocket knife. I was kinda mad that my dad gave my brother and my mom weapons and not me. But I didn't care, in fact I don't give a shit because my mini axe is the best weapon out there, so I thought. My mom got a text, then she got up and said in a strict voice "get up were going to the back yard" I got up and followed her and my brother. She opened the blood splattered door and my nerves started growing. As soon as I stepped on the grass, there was a sent of something rotten, something dead. I felt like throwing up, but I could tell my mom was to. I looked at my brother, he was basically a boy Barbie, him being tall and having blue eyes and spiky brown hair and also being kinda buff for a 15 year old. I looked at my mom her face was turning into a mossy green, she started playing with here red hair, that what she does when she's nervous "Hey so-"my mom said before CRACSH BOOM SLAM, my dad drove through our fence with his black van, quickly he rolled down his window and yelled "GET IN KNOW, THERE COMING"everyone got in the car, of course I was the smallest so I went first. My mom was the last one on, my dad stepped on the gas pedal so hard the car made a screeching noise. The van took off, looking back at my house I saw human figures walking weirdly from the front yard to the back yard, it looks like they were following our van. I sat down and and put my seatbelt on I looked at my brother who was wearing a navy hoodie and a baby blue shirt and some jeans, there where tears in his bright sky blue eyes. When I saw the tears fall down his checks I knew something really bad was happening. I just look back through my window, watching our van run over random wooden fences. The van stopped. "what's going on?" My brother said in a deep voice "Stay in the car and lock the doors" said my dad, my mom did so. My dad was trying to take down the fence when he started shooting towards the south of the car. I heard growling and I heard my dad yell "ROTTERS!". There where gunshots and body thumps and blackish blood splattered on the pane windows. My mom yelped and my brother covered his ears. I felt myself tearing up of pure fear. The gunshots stopped and all I heard around the car was moaning and things hitting the windows. Then I heard footsteps on top of the van, then the skylight window opened "are you ok" my dad said putting his hand down so my he could pull my mom up , my mom didn't say nothing she just pulled herself up, then he said "boys grab my hand", I jumped into the front seat and held out my hand out, then he pulled and and pushed my way up. The my brother just climbed his way up. The top of the car was caving in slowly, I looked around and my heart stopped we were surrounded by dead people, I felt like my world just flipped upside down, I felt like ending my life right there. It was a horrifying sight of the dead people some didn't even have eyes or a hand or even a arm. My mom made a plan to run and jump off the front glass pane of van and over the iron fence. "Your crazy women!" My dad yelled "You got a better idea" my brother said in a chill voice, "yea I d-" my dad said before being interrupted by my mom running and jumping over the fence. He gasped, my brother clapped, "Ness go!" my dad yelled, I said "ok" in a nervous voice, this was all happening so fast, my nerves started again as I started backing up for a run up, I felt my heart beating fast and then I jumped. In mid air my heart stopped looking down at all the growling moaning Rotters putting there hands up to try to grab me. Then SPLAT I landed face flat on the grass. I stayed there for 2 minutes just black, pitch black and I got up to the sight of my brother looking at me. I look back at the van as my dad started running, but as he stepped on the front glass pane it broke. He fell on the hood of the car and there was a waterfall of blood going down his leg, he tried to get up but his leg was stuck in between the shattered glass Pane. He screamed and started shooting at the Rotters trying to get him. One grabbed his left are and he tried to pull it back, the Rotter pulled his arm close to his mouth before my dad shot it straight in the face, another one grabbed his hair and another grabbed his leg that wasn't stuck, he yelped trying to kick and punch the Rotters. They had him surrounded as he tried and struggled to get out of there grasp. I had to help , my mom was paralyzed and screaming in fear, and my brother couldn't get over the fence so it was up to me a 12 year old boy to save a 32 year old man from Rotters.

Authors note~ sorry this was a long chapter ;-;