The bait

(Dashlie’s p.o.v)

  This is a great idea… He's going to die.

  “okay so, they're sensitive to smell and have incredible sight” Duni nods along to Ddawn’s explanation. “But. The creatures on the other side of the door they're guarding are very sensitive to noise”

  Another nod from Duni but I can't move past something. “How?” I interrupt and he turns to me with a questioning look. “How do you know this stuff?”

  He freezes and tenses. He looks away “I…” he trails off. “Dashlie. That's not the focus, we need to get out of here, questions later” Duni half scolds me. I sigh “fine, go on" he relaxes and continues “so we aren't looking to make noise. It won't do much for us here but we don't want anything waiting for us on the other side of the door” Duni nods.

“so Duni, The plan is simple. You'll get there attention with a rock, just roll it almost like a bowling ball. With their attention on it get yourself a head start down the hall, you can lose them really easily down there and then loop around and beat then here.”

  He nods and I tense. “ wait, maybe I should do it. I don't think Duni has that kind of stamina” I interject. “Are you sure, Dash" Duni asks, looking really worried. I nod “I'll make it, you won't.”

  “…Okay” he looks very worried. “Alright then, ready Dashlie?” Another nod and he hands me the rock then leads Duni away. Here we go.

I sneak into my spot and roll the rock. Immediately there attention is on it and I take off down the hall. I can hear them chasing me immediately.

That distinction didn't last as long as I hoped it would. They're way too close…