Dashile please make it back

[Two chapters in a row! Place your bets on if Dashlie is alive or not in the comments]
(Duni's p.o.v)

  Ddawn leads me to the safe spot and tells me “get ready to run” I gulp and nod. He peaks around the corner and I wait. I feel so on edge, I don't want to lose Dashlie too.

  “aanndd…go” Ddawn takes off and I follow. He suddenly pushes me back when we get there, one stayed behind. He's able to dodge it and rush to the door. He starts working on opening it.

  The bird starts attacking me, I can barely dodge it. I let out a choked cry as it gets me in the shoulder. I feel my own scarlet blood start to fall out of the fresh wound. “It's open Duni, it's open!” I rush to the door at Ddawn's call. I run in with him and he slams the door closed.

  As I turn to look at our surroundings he barely cracks the door open to look outside for Dashlie. I look around at the run down factory we had landed ourselves in. The atmosphere was cold and dark as the smell of rot and death hung heavy in the air.

  I nearly puked at the smell. I look back to Ddawn who looks tense and worried and he watched for her. Please be okay Dashlie.

(Ddawn's p.o.v)

  Dashile hasn't returned and I'm not seeing a single trace of her. No noise, no birds no her. The one that had stayed flew off in Dashlie's district when we got out.

  “uh, Ddawn?” I turn to Duni. He was cradling his injured shoulder. Oh, right. “Could you help me with my shoulder?”  I move away from the door and over to Duni to help him.

  I use some bandages from my pocket, knew those were a good idea, to wrap the wound after I stopped the bleeding. I went back to the door after a soft spoken “thank you” from Duni. He must be worried, guess I would be too.

   I freeze at the load cracking sound of bones and a scream. Oh no.