Chapter 10: Night Stars

Hanji's POV

Is it bad that after the amusement park... I couldn't stop thinking about what happened in that Ferris Wheel? We kissed a few more times before we were reaching the ground. I couldn't stand to look at Levi and Mom after those kisses. Was it shame that I failed to even see what was in front of me? Was it embarrassment that I finally realized my feelings? I don't know why... but I kept thinking of that moment.

Even when I'm shuffling in bed, I just wanted to be next to- "Hey Hanji." I jumped to his cold voice, panting as I saw some blurry figure at the window. Quickly, I turned the lights on and put my glasses on. Levi... he was crouching on the window, wincing. "Light's too bright."

"S-Sorry..." I quietly say, wobbling my way towards him after turning the light off. "What are you doing here?" I asked, sitting at the window with him.

His smirk... he grabbed my hand and slowly took me outside. The chilly wind rose the goosebumps on my arms. And suddenly, I wasn't shaking of the cold. Levi wrapped his jacket around me, making sure I was tucked in good. "I'll tell you... once we get on the roof."

I nodded, following his lead. I climbed up onto the roof of the house, careful to not try to make any loud noises to wake Mom. Funny... I didn't hear any noises when I was scuffling in bed. But on the roof... a thin blanket covered the roof with a bag of small soda and ice cream. I gasp softly, hearing Levi chuckle.

"Thought you might've been shaken up... and I couldn't sleep. Maybe... we can sleep on the roof tonight? Kinda wanted to see the bright stars at night."

"It's beautiful..." I smile softly, sitting on the blanket and staring off at the sky. "Although... we can't sleep on the roof. But you can sleep in my room again. Where's your mom? Not home tonight?"

He shook his head. "No... not tonight. She did come home for an hour, but had to leave for her night job... again. Anyways, she wouldn't be coming home until 7 in the morning. Hope your mom doesn't mind if I stay over anyways."

I chuckled, patting the blanket gently. Levi got the message and sat next to me, letting me lay my heavy head on his shoulders. Chuckling, I took his hand and sighed softly. "As long as we don't do anything... I think you'll be fine. Mom would be a bit surprised... but yeah, let's not do anything crazy."

Levi then began to kiss my cheek, wrapping his arm around my waist. "We should do this again..."

"Do what?"

"Sleep on the roof. Except, we would actually sleep with your mom's permission..."

"I think that'll be cool. Maybe Mom would allow it... if it's not a school night." I laughed softly, kissing his cheek. "It's gonna get chilly soon, Levi... I'll pull the air-bed-"

"I got it." He kisses me one last time, but my lips. He smiles softly, looking right at me. "Alright... just... hang out here. I'll set it up for myself."

"Try to shower quietly." I smiled as Levi was making his way down from the room and back into my room. "I know you're a bit of a clean-freak... and you take forever showering. Just... do it quietly and quickly."

He chuckles, "I'll try to."

I stayed on the roof for just a few minutes, sighing and staring off into the night sky. Just seeing the glinting stars from up above and the chilly wind blowing through me. I shiver just a bit, but it was all worth it. After a few, I packed everything up and tossed it to the side of my room. Of course, Levi already had the air-bag being filled automatically while he was showering in my room. If I find out he used my shampoo again... I wouldn't be nice when he wakes up.