Chapter 9: Views

Levi's POV

Why did I repeat myself? That's a question I kept asking myself. It remained a bit awkward as we walked around. I didn't have the courage to keep looking at her eyes. I was... ashamed. If she didn't hear me the first time, I shouldn't have repeated myself. Why did I repeat myself?

"A promise is a promise." I watched her smile from the awkward area. "We'll go on the Ferris Wheel. And... thanks again for coming with me on the roller-coaster."

I felt my eyes beginning to roll, and I felt a sigh roll out of me. "Like I had a choice... no problem, Hanji." I felt her grab onto my hand and pulled me towards the wheel in the center of the park. 

It's much calmer and much suitable for me. Unfortunately, it deals with height. If I can manage not to have a mini panic attack, it should be fine. And besides... Hanji was gonna be there with me. Even if it would be a bit awkward... we're still at least friends.

*   *   *

"Whoa... look at this..." Hanji gazes outside the window and her smile grew wide. Her hands were on the rail as she pressed her face as close as she could against the window. My hands were tightly on the rail as I tried to keep my eyes on her only. Hanji was the only one who could calm me down. "It's so beautiful."

I guess that if I didn't take much mind into how high up we were... I could see the beauty of the park. Carefully, I rose to my feet and clung tightly on the rails. We were standing side by side, and just watching outside. My limbs felt heavy as we were reaching the peak of the wheel. My breath grew jagged as I tried to not look straight down.

"Now, Levi... about what happened earlier..."

The burning sensation was in my cheeks, making me grow warmer than I should be. I... I knew exactly what it was about. I didn't want to talk more about what was happening... "Hanji, just... ignore it."

"Ignore what?"

"What I said before." I scowled softly. "Just ignore it."

She chuckles softly, nudging me a bit. "What if I choose to not ignore it? What if I choose to listen to it?"

"Hanji, what are you going on about?" I didn't expect her to hug me tightly from behind. Her head was gently laying on my shoulder, nuzzling me. "Hanji..."

"What you said made me want to realize something... that you haven't forgotten your feelings about me. I have... I have forgotten everything... everything from when we were kids. I was almost selfish... and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not noticing you... sorry for not... being there..." She then kisses my cheek. "Do you forgive me?"

"I will if this is all real."

Hanji chuckled, nuzzling me a bit more. "Oh yeah... this is real, Levi. Real just like this view from up here." She leaned forward and... she kissed me. All I did was the most reasonable thing: kissing her back.