Farewell to Storyville

"Rebekah!"The three of faces all going back to normal. "Walk away." Elijah tells them stepping forward. "Don't move." "Leave us now." "I can't. I'm stuck here." Klaus raises the stake and points it in her direction as his face goes back to normal. "Elijah, He has a white oak stick." She says,worriedly. "I brought it for you, sister." Klaus said slowly getting closer. "Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now." Both girls vamp speed away.

•~•~•~•

Rebekah was on the phone with Marcel as Y/n slept sitting on the ground against the wall.

•~•~•~•

"You've been at this for hours to what end? Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me." The girls listened in on the conversation outside the tomb. "I could get past you, although it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage toward you." "You should see yourself - the murderous expression, the self-righteous posturing. You look like father." They here a pause. "I'm not him. Rebekah's betrayal justifies my anger. His was that of a madman. You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None of you were - not Kol, not Finn, none of you! I think you've forgotten what he was truly like." "No. I have not forgotten." They hear a whoosh, letting them know one of them used vamp speed before another whoosh was heard. "Niklaus, I understand your anger, but, I implore you, be better than him. Do what he could not. Demonstrate the grace of mercy rather than this petty cruelty." "You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" They both walk out. "Enough. Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours." Both boys were now looking at them, mostly at Rebekah. "You want revenge? Fine, but before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this." "Go on then. Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so." All three other Originals look at him.

•~•~•

"Let it begin, the trial of Rebekah Mikaelson." Klaus announced sitting on top of a tomb with Y/n sitting in front of him. "What a relief. His ego is in check." Rebekah said, Elijah sighs. "Just speak your truth. I'll make certain he behaves himself." Elijah sits down. "Ha, like that could happen." Y/n said, Klaus looked down at her before looking back up at Rebekah. "You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?" "I plead you to shut up and listen." The Original Tribrid lets out a laugh at Rebekah's answer. She feels a glare behind her head and turns around to see Klaus, she turns her laughter into a cough. "You summoned our father, you brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?" He retorted. "I knew he was the only thing that you feared, and I wanted you to run." She quickly responded. "Because you hated me." "Because you were hateful. You denied me the freedom to love." "Oh, so that's your defense? You called Mikael - The Destroyer, the Hunter of Vampires - because I detained you from pursuing some full suitors." "You were cruel and controlling and manipulative." "I was trying to protect you from imbeciles and leeches, not to mention your own poor judgement." "And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend? Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?" Klaus stands up. "Do not mention his name." "What has happened to you? I remember the sweet boy who made me laugh and gave me gifts." Y/n looks down smiling at the time when the were human. "Who loved art and music. I wanted to be just like you." Rebekah said sincerely. "How could you have fallen so far?" Her tone going cold. "You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten. I remember the day that father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly and for so long, I actually feared for your life." Klaus stops as tears slightly well in his eyes, all of the remembering the memory. "So you would paint her as a loyal sister, but she betrayed me out of lust for Marcel. Perhaps that was why you did it - for love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy, that her great love Marcel used her to oust this family and to take my city." "Klaus." Y/n yells standing up. She looks at him. "When was the last time that you felt love in your heart? Not towards Rebekah, or Elijah, or even to Marcel. Actual love. I remember when you would dance with me or Tatia around the fire, when we were human. You were distracted from Mikael, and all the things he did to you. I remember, when you used to have the biggest smile as you would dance around me and try to convince me to join you, and as I would always agree, your smile always got bigger." She smiles as she cups his cheek before putting a hand on his heart. "I miss the old Klaus, we all do." He smiles remembering all the things she was saying, his two other siblings watching their interaction, Rebekah takes that and speaks calmly. "Marcel did not manipulate me." The two Originals turn to her as they separate and sit back down. "You defend him, and yet you can't help but wonder if I'm right?" "We loved each other. It was your refusal to respect that, that led to your ruin." "Then why didn't he chase after you when you fled New Orleans? Oh yes, that's right." He stands back up. "He was here stealing what I built." "You want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness? I won't. Marcel is not at fault. I called Mikael." Tears welled in the Blonde Original's eyes. "Rebekah, you must-." Elijah was cut off. "I was the one who brought him to New Orleans because of your wickedness. I wanted love and happiness, and you denied me the freedom to have either. Yes. I hated and I was afraid of our father, but he was a lesser evil than you. My bastard brother who loomed over me, threatening me as you are now. I wanted rid of you, and given the choice, I'd do it again." Knowing What he was gonna do Y/n used her vamp speed to Elijah who caught her as Klaus vamp sped at Rebekah against a tomb wall and raised the stake but Elijah tackled him. Elijah and Klaus stood up but Elijah with the stake. "Sister, Y/n, leave us." "I won't go." Both girls responded. "I said leave us, please." Both girls left.