[29]: The Final Battle [1]

2023 Upstate New York
"You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"Cap, Katherine... Amaya, come on guys, wake up, don't do this to me." Tony Stark said. He walked through the rubble of the facility until he found Steve, Katherine and Amaya all knocked unconscious on the ground. Steve's arms were still around both of them from the impact of the blast, and Steve gasped back, opening his eyes.

"That's my man," Tony said, and then he bent down to his godmother. "Come on, Katherine. You're not dying... not today." He said while slightly shaking her and Katherine's eyes opened as she awoke with a gasp like her husband and started to cough. "There she is."

Katherine bent down and gently shook Amaya awake, where she laid a hand on her head, and then the family looked up to see Tony standing over them and holding Steve's shield. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it," Tony said.

"T... what happened?" Katherine asked while looking around to see their entire facility had been destroyed.

"You mess with time, it tends to mess back. You'll see." Tony said before helping Steve off of the ground, and then Steve helped his wife and daughter off the ground and laid his hand down on each of their cheeks as he looked over them to make sure they were okay.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Dad... I'm okay." Amaya said while nodding her head.

"I'm okay too, don't worry," Katherine said while shaking her head.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find anyone else from the team and help them," Amaya said. Steve and Katherine nodded their heads before their daughter walked off, deeper into the rubble, and the couple alongside Tony found Thor standing above some more of the rubble, looking down onto what would be the battlefield, and then they saw who he was looking at.

Thanos.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Thor said.

"Where are the stones?" Katherine asked.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have 'em." Tony said.

"So, we keep it that way," Steve said.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked.

"Of course we do, but I don't really care. He's the reason my son is gone, I want his head." Katherine said while grabbing her baton from her side. Even though Scott said he thinks the snap worked, she still hasn't seen Christian, so she has no idea where he is, or if he's even alive again.

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement." Thor said. Katherine saw his eyes start to spark with lightning as thunder rumbled in the sky. He then held both of his arms out. His Stormbreaker flew into one hand, while the Mjolnir flew into the other and Thor was immediately in his armor.

"You got the Mjolnir back?" Katherine asked and Thor nodded his head. "Let's go kick some ass then."

"As Katherine said, let's kill him properly this time," Thor said. The four of them walked out towards Thanos, who looked up as they approached and he almost looked amused.

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." Thanos spoke as the five of them spread out. Thor broke off while Katherine stayed in the middle with her husband and her godson. "I thought by eliminating half of life... the other half would thrive. But you've shown me... that's impossible." He continued and Katherine rolled her eyes.

"Let's just skip the small talk. We all know why we're here." She said.

"And as long as there are those that remember what was... there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." Thanos said.