Chapter 2

"It's crazy right? To love someone who hurts you. It's crazier to think that someone who hurts you, loves you" -unknown

Katherine's POV

I remember going to Robert's doctor, he suffered with anger, a type of personality issue of some sort. Never had I thought it was so bad. Never have I been so wrong. I knew that somewhere in there was my real Robert, my first and only love.

***

I didn't sleep last night. Too busy regretting my decisions I assume. Regret is such a ridiculous emotion. He was drunk last night, again, yes again. Too busy replaying the events of earlier in the day.

I can still see the looks of disappointment, the same emotion plain on all the guest's faces, and disgust, but they had still come to the wedding regardless. I had held my head high and given him a soft smile. The way his eyes had lit up, gave me so much hope.

Walking down the aisle I thought to myself, am I ready for this? How do I really love this man enough to marry him? Even though he has hurt me so much, with his words and his actions?

I turned to my mother as I walked down the aisle, I knew I was not ready for this, I know it, I whisper my plan to her, the idea is to trip Robert that we have gotten married, I knew he would get drunk at night anyway, he wouldn't even remember.  My mother nodded quickly as we approached the priest.  Before the priest started my mother had leaned in to whisper in his ear.  The old man looked at me, a concerned expression on his face, I gave him a nod of approval to show him that it was okay.

I had a fake wedding.

I'm not married to Robert like he thinks.

I did not say I do, not right away, I was scared that he would find out that I canceled our marriage, I at looked at him, his confused expression. My mouth was frozen shut as I tried to at least croak the words 'I do' His eyebrows had furrowed, and his face scrunched.  This was one of the rare times that he was happy. For a moment I saw a future with him, filled with happiness, but a small voice inside my head had whispered Do you think he will change, have you even talked about your future together? Or was it just an impulse because you wanted out, that you wanted to leave? Well speak of the devil. Yes before he had asked me to marry him, I had had enough. I was walking out the door before he stopped me with those words. The words that ever girl wants to her "Will you marry me? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, we'll work it out. I promise" How valid is a promise from Robert? That I do not know, but on impulse I had said yes as well, and he had insisted we wed early.

So of all times that was the time I started to regret my decision but that was all before I fainted.

***

So sitting here right now, I don't know if I am "married" are not, but Robert seems to think so. But heck he always thinks so, because he is always right and apparently it is my job to say so. Even when he is wrong. Don't they say that the wife is always right?

Last night, I awoke at home, no longer in the pew. My mother at one side and Robert on the other. The second my mother left our small cottage, he came at me. I had made the mistake of voicing that we call of the wedding. Perhaps the hitting and fighting is worse, but I am not one to know.

***

As he kisses me, pouring his anger into the kiss, he slams me against the wall, I freeze.  His lips stay on mine as he pulls me away from the wall only to slam me back.  I break away quickly, looking at him shocked.

As Robert walks toward me, he rubs soothing circles on my back. Very soft at first, I freeze for a moment and surely he notices. The pressure he applies on the bruise visibly becoming harder.

"Robert, you're hurting me." I softly croak.

I look at his face as it suddenly becomes stoic and blank of emotion. And that is when he pounds on the bruise, I bury my face in my hands as he walks away. Slamming the door behind him.

Where he goes, I do not know. Where I go from here I do not know. But I refuse to give up.

I stand up from the table in pain, and walk over to the boxes he never lets me touch. I realize, I don't know much about him now do I? I still love him though, I don't know even all those times I never stopped loving him. But how could I, how couldn't I?

***

The Robert in these old pictures is new to me.  He has many writing pieces in this first box.  The old newpaper cut outs mean nothing to to me, but they must mean something to him, otherwise he wouldn't have saved them.  So I put them aside to take a closer look, going at the next box.  More pictures, photos of inanimate objects, newspaper shots, and toward the end, photos that are sickening to look at.  After a sharp intake of breath, I take another look.

The photos are disturbing; an old woman with a broken neck, a young man kneeing at her side crying.  "Who is this?" I say aloud looking closer.  I gasp as I realize it is Robert, but who is the woman?

His mother perhaps? His sister?

The next picture shows Robert with pure hatred in his eyes, looking down at his arms, giving the affect that he is breathing heavily, but why?

Why has curiosity come to me now, rather than before when I could back out?  The truth is, I'm in too deep to back out now.

*

*

*

Hey! So I you'll notice that Katherine's POV doesn't have a lot of dialogue but Katherine is more of a soft spoken woman who is constantly correcting. And also Katherine's POV explains details. And finally I suck at dialogue so yeah hope you enjoyed new update soon! I promise we're going to try making the chapters longer from now on.

If anyone is interested in making covers please message us! Also tweet me at @kuubz_ and our instagrams are below:

blue_eyed_tara123

kubarah.ghias

Don't forget to comment and vote! 

-kuubz