Good Lord |1| Henrik Schneeplestein x Fem!Reader

(Requested by @_Mad_Cat_ , who requested Good Lord by Birds of Tokyo)

(Good Lord, a short-ish story in which the reader goes through the darkest moment of her entire life. She is forced out of the place she called home, she has her joy and love ripped from her, and her responsibilities are quickly beginning to pile up. But, a certain doctor begins to notice the immense decrease in vibrancy his friend's personality once had and takes it upon himself to help her out.)

(WARNING: this comes from someone who has NOT experienced divorce, only a few minor breakups. If you have advice—I hope none of you have experience with this sad topic—don't be afraid to speak up!)

The door slams in your face. Rain drenches your jacket as you stand there, lips parted in shock. It still hasn't quite sunk in, even though it's happening right before your very eyes. Light snakes in flashes down through the clouds, thunder echoing off the buildings around your suburban home.

Well... what used to be your home.

Good lord, you couldn't even believe it. It was over. Done. Finished. After five beautiful years, this is what became of you both? Lying? Breaking hearts? Shame? Disappointment?

Cheating?

You realize your hand is still pressed against the door. Your eyes stare, empty, down at your shoes, tears beginning to sting at your eyes. Every Valentine's day, every anniversary, every sweet moment you got together... wasted.

The heartbreaking scene flashed across your vision once again; him, her; a passionate, not-so-secret picture taken and sent to an unknown number; affectionate texts sent back and forth; him reassuring her that you—his wife—were not a problem.

You sniff and wipe your tears before grabbing the last of your suitcases, though there was much to go back for on a later date. So many possessions shared between the both of you that had so much sentimental worth... all lost to his selfish lust. You drag your bags off the small porch, growling shakily when one of them falls over on its side as it slides off the last step. Repressing the strong urge to kick it, you try to keep your visage calm; knowing Malek's dramatic, somewhat nosey self, he's probably watching you leave from upstairs, just like they do in the movies.

You set the suitcase upright and continue. You step onto the driveway, tugging your suitcases out of the sticky grass and onto the smooth cement. You sit your suitcases up at the door of your blue Tahoe, struggling to open it and keep a rather top-heavy bag from tipping over. You loaded each bag into the backseat, where a few others had already been sat, and slam the difficult door shut. It never really seemed to want to shut all the way.

As quickly as your legs can carry you, you rush to the driver's side of your car and climb inside. The second the door shuts, the tears break through your defensive walls and stream down your face.

Surely... surely, it didn't have to end like this?

Something catches your eye as lightning flashes, a glint of light shining below your gaze. You look down, extending your hand out to examine it.

A ring. It was beautiful;

( https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSFSVKqTi0ojaUj8qtqYIBgVV129jyJ4A4Lz8k0TFiFyuBjYoIlw )

You've loved it for three years. So much time had been put into preserving its worth and beauty; you remembered cleaning it every other Saturday afternoon, taking a wet bit of paper towel and ridding every inch of grime or dirt that had settled on the silver. Had none of this ever happened, you would have been cleaning it just hours before now. You would have been blissfully unaware of everything going on, still dreadfully caught on love's cruel, addictive high. You would have been... happy. But now, you don't know what was going to happen. You're so scared, angry, depressed, and such an emotional wreck you don't even know what your next move would be.