Part 5

"Akumu you are needed downstairs," Coran called through Akumu's door.

"Thanks, Coran," Akumu stood from her window seat placing her book in her spot as she went to the door.

Akumu closed her door, turning to run into a chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry Akumu," Lance bent and lent his hand for Akumu to take.

Akumu slapped his hand away, she stood on her own and walked down the stairs to the living room. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Akumu sees Allura already sitting on the long sofa, Alfor and Coran both sitting in armchairs in front of the sofa. Alfor waved Akumu into the room.

Akumu sat at the opposite side of the long sofa from Allura as Lance took the space between them.

"The reason you all were called down here is that it's almost the afternoon," Alfor informed. "Now I will be joining you three to this Garrison to help get you enrolled. Akumu do you have the packets?"

"Yes, sir they are in my room," Akumu stood as she answered Alfor.

"Good. Go get them and meet us on the porch," Alfor stood from his seat.

Akumu walked up the stairs and to her room. Grabbing the packets from her desk, Akumu closed the window to her window seat. Before she could fully close it, she heard Allura talking.

"Why are you warming up to the Galra princess!?" Allura exclaimed to someone.

"One Akumu isn't a princess any more. Remember she risked her life to save us from her father's wrath, making her a traitor to the throne. And two Akumu has shown us her kindness in helping us fit in with the locals here. And all you can do is be harsh to her. The least you can do is show her a little kindness," Lance yelled at Allura.

"She is still Garla, brother. No matter what she does," Allura comes back at Lance.

"Yes, she may be Galra but she is also Altean," Lance tried to calm his sister.

"That doesn't mean anything to me, Lance," Allura let out with an angry sigh.

"Fine, be a spoiled princess. But at least act like you like her when we are at the Garrison," Lance calmly stated.

"Fine, but that's all your gonna get out of me." Allura could be seen stomping away.

Akumu closed the window with a slow sigh. 'So, no matter what I do, Allura is always going to hate me. Got it.' Akumu walked out of her room and down the stairs to the front porch.

"Are we ready?" Alfor asked stepping out behind me.

"Yes sir," Akumu had answered and Lance nodded.

"Where is Allura?"

"Over by the fence," Lance nodded his head in the direction of Allura.

"Let's go then," Alfor was the first off the porch with Lance and Akumu behind him.

"Come on Allura it's time to go," Alfor said as we reached her.

"Of course, father," Allura stepped by Lance and the four made their way to the Garrison with Akumu in the front, leading the group.

"Hey Shiro," Akumu greeted.

"Hey Akumu," Shiro greeted back. "Wait, no running into me?"

"Nope. But I would like to get to the big scary Iverson though," Akumu smiled up at Shiro.

"Sure, follow me," Shiro turned and began walking to Iverson's office. "So, who are the people behind you?"

"Oh, they are my family. My stepfather, my stepsister, Allura and her twin, Lance," Akumu lied through her teeth.