CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

"Ahh.... Ukraine?" answered Mrs. Obi stalling, she had her phone held to her ear by her shoulder as she drove the girls back to the supermarket where they'd left their car.

Looks like the policemen that arrested them aren't professionals. They didn't think to care for Boma's car.

Jojo rolled her eyes at her mum's stupid answer. How can she say Ukraine?

"Mrs. Obi" Richard warned.

"Why do you think the girls are with me?" she asked, as she packed beside Boma's car. They all got out once she did, the girls moving around the car to stand in front of her, listening as she spoke to Richard. 

"Well, Jojo was with Boma and Rachel, that was three hours ago. Now Jojo and Boma aren't with Rachel, plus Jojo is your daughter, I don't have to explain that."

"My daughter is not crazy" Mrs. Obi snapped.

"I didn't say that," Richard replied calmly.

"But it's what you implied" Mrs. Obi snapped again at Richard, "all you young boys of nowadays, you have no respect for ladies, calling them crazy, who does that?" Mrs. Obi kept talking.

Boma and Jojo giggled at Mrs. Obi.

"Do you think she's loco now?" Jojo whispered to Boma smiling.

Boma rolled her eyes.

"I'm calling your mum, she needs to tell you to stop calling ladies crazy, it's rude" continued Mrs. Obi.

The smile on Boma's face vanished with her eyes wide she whispered a fearful 'no' at Mrs. Obi's pronouncement.

"Mrs. Obi don't cut the line," Richard said hurriedly through the phone, but Mrs. Obi had already removed her phone from her ear and was stabbing it with her finger obviously calling Mrs. Gregson.

Boma and Jojo turned their heads sharply at each other. They both looked like a fish caught in a net.

"Hello, Felicia..." said Mrs. Obi into her phone but she didn't complete her words cause fast as lighting, Jojo stretched forward and snatched her mum's phone from her hand cutting off the line immediately.

"Jojo!" Mrs. Obi snapped.

"You can't talk to her" they both yelled.

Mrs. Obi frowned confusingly at the both of them.

"I can't talk to her? Why can't I?" she asked.

"Mummy you can't bring her into this matter, Richard already knows we're not at Boma's house, and I'm sure he knows we got ourselves into trouble, plus he definitely knows we are with you. So let's just leave things the way they are, he doesn't have to know the trouble we got ourselves into. But if you bring his mum into the mix, everyone, plus the guests at Boma's wedding will know what happened tonight"

Boma was nodding frantically in agreement as Jojo spoke.

Mrs. Obi stared at her daughter, then she smiled warmly at her.

"Oh my dear child, you don't know mothers at all, and you definitely don't know Felicia, she won't embarrass you girls like that na, she loves you"

"Mummy she embarrasses us every day" Jojo argued.

Mrs. Obi shook her head, "no, she doesn't. She and I are close, I know her well and she doesn't do what you say she does"

"Mrs. Obi" began Boma, deciding to come in and see if she'll see reasons her way. But Mrs. Obi was having none of it. She raised her hand stopping her. Boma's mouth snapped shut at the abrupt lift of her hand. She has never seen a hand move so fast.

Mrs. Obi stretched her hand to Jojo for her to give her back her phone but Jojo was shaking her head. She squinted her eyes at her daughter but Jojo was determined not to give her.

Suddenly Jojo asked, "Is that a phone ringing or a baby crying?"

All women strained their ears to know if it was a phone ringing or a baby crying.

"It's coming from your car Boma," said Jojo, walking to the car.

Boma dug into her handbag pulling out her car remote, opening her doors, they all entered. Mrs. Obi at the back, both ladies at the front.

"Here," said Jojo, passing Boma's phone over to her which was on the passenger's seat.

"Thanks" Boma mumbled, "I must have left it in the car when we rushed into the mini supermarket cause of you"

Jojo shrugged, not sorry about the incident in the supermarket earlier on.

They all got comfortable, closing the doors and locking themselves in.

A second later, Boma exclaimed, "oh my god!"

"What?" asked both mother and daughter.

"Twenty missed calls," said Boma.

"Twenty missed calls? From who?" inquired Jojo.

"Rachel" answered Boma, lifting her eyes from her phone screen to look at Jojo with wide eyes.

Jojo swallowed audibly.

"We are doomed," said Boma.

Jojo just nodded.

...........................................................................

Richard sighed as he cut the line.

"Are they with her?" asked Dele.

Richard nodded his head, then he rubbed his face breathing in hard.

"That bad?" asked Banks.

Richard nodded his head again.

"How bad?" he continued to ask.

"I don't know but I know it's bad"

"Because the girls are with Jojo's mum?" asked Dele.

"Yeah" Richard answered as he made his way to his car parked amongst other cars in the parking lot.

"Well, I don't think it's that bad, I mean they are with Jojo's mum right?" said Banks.

"Have you met Jojo's mum?" asked Richard.

Banks shook his head.

They were in the car now, Richard had gotten the doors opened with his car remote.

"She is worse than my mum," he said, opening his car door. Then he got in and closed his door.

Banks looked at Dele and mouthed "what?"

Dele shrugged and got into the car, Banks did the same.

Richard started his car and drove off, heading home to rest. He doesn't have any energy for the girls this night.

If they like they can get arrested, what's his business? Worst case; he'll just marry Boma in prison.