Chapter 4: Holes in the Past

As I needed to calm my mind and had had time to kill, I carefully ran my fingers through my feathers. Once I was done, I got on my light weight enchanted armor. It was black cloth with a few certain types of metal. Half the battle of enchanting is knowing what can be used to bind each enchantment.

I walked to the gate and waited for Brandeen and possibly Jake. It was odd how much déjà vu and connections I was feeling to people I had never met. Me just knowing Bryan's name, how I felt as though I could trust Brandeen cause backstabbing isn't his method and weirdest of all, the loyalty that I felt towards the both of them.

Luckily I wasn't left with just my thoughts for too long. Brandeen showed up with another man behind him. The man had mostly black hair with some blue and I wasn't to sure what he was wearing but it screamed good swimming attire. Though my eyes quickly flicked to the bident in his hand. It had some really powerful energy coming off of it in cold waves.

"Jake I presume."

"Freya I was told that you were quiet skilled in magic."

"I am but let's focus on the trial. I was able to make five simple enchanted items for each of us. Brandeen three of yours will help with attack power well two give you a health boost. Jake since I didn't know your fighting style, I made you three health boosters, one speed and one attack. So, in this trial we will likely be given weapons, melee ones a...

"Wait we can't use magic or are own weapons?" Jake asked.

"Well simple answer is no, sadly not. You can't use magic if you need a focus nor your own weapons. So what we need go do is make sure we get ones that we are comfortable with using. We stay close to each other and we watch each other's backs. Then once it is just the three of us, we can split up then a free for all. We play them safe and smart."

"You want us to play it safe?" Brandeen questioned.

"Yes. I know that isn't really your Dad's style, but we increase our chances of winning. New fighters are sloppy, we stay on defence till they come to us. That way we can be sure that we end having each other's back."

"I guess..." Brandeen sighed.

"There are multiple reasons to playthings like that. First and most obvious being the prize though it also does show that we stand as one and honor the alliance we have. It would be the best way to show we aren't to be messed with. Do both of you agree?" I asked. Brandeen nodded well Jake made his agreeance vocal.

"Let's go kill some plebs." we slipped all the jewelry on, we headed for the colosseum. When I saw Michael standing where he was, I couldn't help but think back to the first night I met him...

I was sitting on Ritchie's dresser well he paced around the room.

"Come on Richard, it is a really cool place and I want to show you it," I wined in a way that was over the top.

"Do you know how much trouble we could get in?"

"You are a son of Hermes. You are hella fast and I can turn invisible due to the amulet I have. If we get caught we deserve to get in trouble. Stop being goody-two-shoes."

"And this is coming from someone who would likely be in prison right if it wasn't for that amulet."

"I may not know who my parent is but they do keep me out of trouble or help me cause it depending on how you look at it. Look I am going if you don't want to then that is your problem, but I want to get some training in." I jumped off the dresser and walked towards the door.

"Wait... I am coming with you."

"That is the spirit." The two of us left the cabin together. I already had my amulet on and my advance wand and dagger out. The walk over was safe right till we got to the training dummy.

A man in purple was swinging a mace around. Ritchie being the idiot he was made noise. I quickly active my pendent and disappeared. Time for the son of Hermes to learn how to clean up his own messes.

"Hello... Kay is that you?" the man in purple asked as he turned around. "Is that an enemy?" he asked twice as he lifted his mace.

"There is no body here," Ritchie squeaked. I nearly face palmed twice at that. First time being Ritchie actually saying that then at the unknown man for nearly walking away because of that.

"Wait, no. That is not very convincing."

"Ummm... I am behind you."

"Oh what the heck, a zombie." Ritchie then started to make a mad dash for it but made a mistake.

"Bye," he squeaked. I just quietly followed behind the two men as they ran. The man clearly knew who Ritchie was but instead of just stopping and admitting the truth he just kept running. I levitated myself up the roof of the weapons vault to just watch. I couldn't really hear them, but I didn't need to hear to understand.

A few minutes of them dealing with formalities Ritchie yelled out my name. I uncloaked myself and blinked myself right beside them.

"Don't you know the whole point is to be quiet?" They were both startled by my sudden appearance.

"Damn it Freya, how many times have I told you not to do that?"

"In the last two months since I arrived? At least three dozen times. So who is the newbie?"

"Michael, son of Athena."

"Freya, Spell-thief."

"Huh?"

"She doesn't know who her parent is. Just that they left her an amulet that turns her invisible. Freya calls herself Spell-thief because apparently, she finds it fitting. It is what is on her house sign actually."

"Why do you find it fitting?"

"Cause my first night here I stole a bunch of spells and a wand."

"Oh..."

"So Richard, are we still going?"

"Going where?"

"You see the big Colosseum? It is off-limits we were going to go for an adventure."

"Let's go." The three of us left the camp together and started to fight mobs. I though don't remember too much after that. I had flashes of the three of us being idiots, but that night was covered in fog. Just another bit of memory issues and questions.