Prologue

Everyone thinks me dead. They will tell you that I died in the cave of Erebus. That is a lie. A lie that I can't stop telling cause the truth is that I did in fact die. I don't know why I am alive or what saved me, but I was. I wanted to go back to my friends, to see if Michael, Ritchie and Katelyn but I knew that I couldn't. My name is Freya, and this is my story...

I heard Katelyn's scream before I felt the pain. We where young and just looking for fun but we didn't think anyone to get hurt. Ritchie was off doing massager things and the rest of us decided to go look around the nearby woods. We found a skull cave. We should have stayed away but between the three of us we thought we would be fine. We had been training together for years. We were all get at working together and surviving.

Those facts didn't stop the arrow from piercing my chest. You could barely see the crimson that seeped through my black shirt. I fell to my knees before falling back. I heard them running to me. Despite my sight darkening I knew that I would die with two of my three only real friends I had.

'Mom or Dad I never got the chance to find out who you were. I guess I never will, but if despite my ignorance if you could make sure that Michael and Katelyn make it out of this cursed cave with their lives, I would be eternally grateful. If you care about me at all please get the only family I ever had out of this pla...'

I prayed till darkness truly overtook me.

That should have been where my story ended. I should have slept for the final. But I didn't.

I woke gasping for breath. Blood still stained my shirt but the arrow that took my life was gone. I couldn't calm my breathing. I started huffing and spent a few minutes just trying to get my lungs to work.

Once I finally did calm, I noticed that the stone room that was once crawling with creatures was empty. Not a soul in sight. Though there was a scroll not to far away from me. The parchment was old but perfectly kept from what I could tell. I unrolled it and read the old Greek words.

To my brilliant Daughter,

I know that you will likely be confused by what is happing but know that this isn't a fluke. I talked to Hades, he agreed to help me bring you back. Though there are a few tasks that I regretfully must place on your shoulders. I doubt you will like any of them, but you are alive. That is what matters. You can't go back to the camp and I mean ever. You will find that you aren't completely normal anymore. You have to master your new abilities and the thirst that comes with them. You see you are now stronger with you magic but have to drink blood to survive. Trust in your instants and the staff that lies on the pedestal. Now for what you must do, there is a demi-god named Brick, he is Hades' son, I need you to find him and team up with him.

Your loving parent.

The letter was truly helpful in what I needed to do. Note the sarcasm. I did move closer to the pedestal. It held a staff. The stick part was red with a black grip but the topper was what drew my eyes. On the top there was a skeletal being. It was a rib cage and a human looking head with horns and eye in its mouth.

It was creepy but it called to me. I couldn't help but grab it. Jester's Wand was written on the side.

"Well looks like I now have a fancy wand and no clue what to do. How am I supposed to find this Brick? How do I control my new abilities? Will you give me anything more then just so vague response?" I waited for few moments after my rant but nothing came. So I just started walking.