Part 8

Day of the Date.

Iyana Mae

As she finished applying mascara she stopped and looked at herself in the reflection of the full-length mirror, she couldn't help but smile. She turned around to face her friends and her manager asking ''how do I look?''

Iyana's outfit: (her hair and makeup is the header)

''Beautiful'' James said, smiling at his client.

''Banging...'' Denise said staring at her best friend in awe.

''What she said...The Prince is going to drop on his knees when he sees you'' Bee stated while also in awe of her best friend, the popstar playfully rolled her eyes at her friends.

''Oh, whatever'' Iyana said chuckling at her friend's comments, while looking at her watch and seeing it's 6:15pm.

''What time did he say he was coming to pick you up?'' James asked, also noticing the time.

''6:30'' Iyana said, getting nervous by the minute.

Denise chimed in ''did he tell you what you guy's will be doing?''

Iyana shook her head ''no, he just said to wear something casual - I'm as clueless as you guys''

The girls sighed in defeat ''well, whatever it is, he's going to fall in love with you'' Bee said uplifting her best friend.

Iyana just smiled trying her best to shake off the nerves that were overpowering her feelings, while her anxiety was rising, she was constructing elaborate rationalizations for why everything would turn out alright, but there were still voices in the back of her mind telling her nothing but doom.

6:31pm

''Oh my God, he's stood me up'' the nervous popstar cried as she was now sitting on the hotel bed with her friends.

''I knew it! I knew I should've never allowed you to wonder by yourself with a prince at that ball'' James stated, getting angry at the Iyana's date.

Bee looked at James, clearly knowing he isn't helping the situation at all and just increasing Iyana's fears.

Denise sighed ignoring James and started ''Iyana...It's only just gone half past, he's on his way - '' but was cut off by the sudden knock of the door.

Iyana's eyes went wide, with Denise and Bee squealing in anticipation.

''Open it then!'' Bee lowly shouted, shooing Iyana towards the door.

The popstar nervously nodded, walking towards the white door and grabbing the golden knob, before turning it she quickly looked back at her friends and whispered ''do I look okay?'' her friends quickly nodded, with Denise putting her thumbs up as an indication.