Part 20

The Wedding/ Coronation Day.

Part Two.

Iyana Mae

She could feel her heartbeat, every single pound in her chest as she sat in the car with her brother that stood in front of the Cathedral – the crowds just 1 meter away from the vehicle, cheering and tears as they saw the tiniest glimpse of their future Queen.

The Cathedral of Quito:

''Holy shit, this is really happening, huh?'' Isaac breathed out, looking at the fifty camera men ready to pounce and the echoed chants of the Ecuadorian civilians

Iyana nodded, already trying to calm herself down – crowds don't normally scare her, but this...this isn't your average crowd on a Sunday morning.

''Dad would be so proud of you, just remember that'' Isaac blurted out, making Iyana turn to her brother, tears welling up in her older siblings' eyes.

''Isaac- '' Iyana started, but was quickly cut off by one of the guards opening her car door.

''Your Grace, it is time'' the guard softly spoke, making the bride nod.

Show Time. Is all she could think.

As Isaac stepped out the car first, the screams were slowly rising – the trumpets being raised, preparing themselves to be played as the Bride stepped out the car.

Isaac quickly walked around to Iyana's side and gracefully helped her out the car, the trumpets playing the Ecuadorian national anthem, the cheers amplified, the sounds of clicking cameras increased.

Iyana looked to her right and saw the crowd and waved at the onlookers. Iyana couldn't believe the cacophony of applause and cheering, whooping, hollering, clapping, stamping of feet, palpable excitement buzzed through the charged air, infectious grins, strangers shaking hands, patting one another on the back, spontaneous outpouring of emotion was all for her.

Isaac put his arm out for Iyana to take which she accepted – she looked ahead and saw her bridesmaids holding their gold bouquet of roses.

The Cathedral doors opened; Iyana could hear the distant sounds of violins playing with Denise being the first one to walk down the aisle.

Bee being next to walk down the aisle and then Kat – however, before the blonde best friend walked, she quickly turned around giving Iyana a thumbs up and a reassuring smile, before walking into the Cathedral that not only stood for thousands of years but stood the love of her life.

''You ready, sis?'' Isaac asked, Iyana just nodding, as her turn was approaching.

She nodded, trying to catch her breath and steady her heartbeat.

The bride let out a heavy breath and said ''Let's do this'' as they stepped foot into the cathedral.

All the guests stood up, the violins were playing like she just entered heaven, the camera crew inside were filming, her worries and thoughts of negative onlookers and press all vanished because there she only saw one person.