Part 13

Christopher/Esteban Velez

''Father?''

There stood the King of Ecuador – two bodyguards standing next to him. Confusion, anger, annoyance was the emotions Christopher had when he saw his father at the door of the hotel room. He wanted nothing to do with him, nothing at all.

''How did you find me?'' Christopher spat at his father with anger dripping from his words.

The King looked down, clearly seeing his son's anger calmly spoke ''Mi hijo, please can we talk?''

Christopher stood there holding the hotel open, white knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent.

As he was about to open his mouth, he felt a light touch on his right shoulder, the touch that brought him nothing but peace and clarity – Iyana.

She stood next to Christopher with a warm smile looking at the King, even though she knew the King didn't approve of them, she stayed as nice as possible.

''Your Highness, please come in'' Her voice remained as warm as early spring  – she knew he didn't approve of her but still acted so warm towards him.

The popstar was different, she absorbed things and then responded with behaviour that would dampened situations rather than adding to the flames or tension, and before Christopher knew it, he was calm again, it was remorse all around instead of the bickering that he was prepared and so accustomed to.

It was a sense of calm that only Iyana could bring to him.

Esteban looked at the popstar giving her a sincere smile, already feeling the guilt strike him again as he remembered all the words, the guilt sat not only on his chest but inside his brain.

What he had done he could not un-do, he could not undo the words he said about her. 

As Christopher gave way for the King to enter the hotel room, the two bodyguards stayed by the door letting Esteban be alone with the couple.

The tension that was once left, slowly crept up between the father and son as they both walked towards the table with Iyana speaking up feeling the atmosphere turn south ''would you like a drink or anything?''

The King shook his head and before he could even speak Christopher interrupted speaking with annoyance ''don't lift a finger for him, he doesn't deserve it'' looking at his father with pure disgust as they both sat at the table.

Iyana stood there, speechless – however, Esteban knew that everything his son was saying was correct. He didn't deserve Iyana's kindness or warm heart, he didn't deserve any of her time, nor even a smile.

He didn't deserve any ounce of respect from her, but she gave it anyways.

She reminded him of his own wife, the Queen of Ecuador. Her attributes were of a Queen, nothing less and nothing more.

He wasn't 100% sure if his son gave the details of what was said, but that was what got him – Iyana didn't give any indication that she was told about the argument or fight, but he knew something must've been said and she still held respect and kindness towards the King.

He finally understood why his son so willingly gave up the crown for her.

''Should I leave?'' Iyana spoke, looking at the king and Christopher.

''Yes – ''

''No – ''

The father and son said in unison, Christopher couldn't bare being left alone with his father and the king was begging for some time with his son.