Chapter 5

Okokokokok let's all take a minute to appreciate the lovely new cover of Freed from the Demon!!! It was created by the magnificent starnoxslayer please please go follow them!

The photo above is Oliver Queen (aka the Green Arrow) and Felicity Smoak/Queen (aka Overwatch)

Do you want a kiss scene in this book between Dami and the reader?

Y/n stood out on her room terrace. The soft afternoon breeze filled her lungs. She closed her eyes in thought of what to do with everything. She didn’t want to think for too long though. Over a year of her being free, she realized the mind can be a dangerous place. It’s filled with memories and thoughts. Situations, real and fantasized, played out. The ‘what if’s of life. It almost made her uneasy. 

Right now in her mind, Y/n reflected on her personal life. About the offer Oliver Queen gave her. A chance to start over, to be an actual kid. To go to school, have a brother, a mother and father. A home to go to. A bed she can call her own and not her ex husband's father’s guest bed. Ex husband. Thirteen years old and she’s already divorced. Her life would make one hell of a reality show.

“How depressing,” she murmured to herself. 

The thought of her ex husband made her grind her teeth. It has been three days since Damian ran away. Bruce spent his time tracking him, Alfred spent his time tending to his boss’s needs, and Richard, her best friend, spent his days talking to her and talking to his girlfriend over the phone. Y/n didn’t ask what they conversed about. She can put two and two together. 

What did Y/n spend her time with?

She busied herself with the paperwork with Mr. Queen. New documents were delivered yesterday. Bruce, her current guardian, was supposed to sign them and then officially she would become under the care of Oliver and Felicity Queen. The thought of an actual family made her smile. It reminded her of when the couple gave her the offer. 

It was after her surgery. The chip had been implanted at the base of her spinal cord. She was sore and tired from being under but other than that, only a small incision scar was left. Y/n used her upper body strength to sit up. It would take months of physical therapy for her to walk again, assuming the chip would do its given job. There was no guarantees. But since her spinal cord wasn’t shredded or torn or anything, it should work. 

Y/n knew she had to be patient but the thought of being in the chair made her itch. She glared at the black wheelchair to her left and made a face at it. She looked to her right and saw Richard playing with his phone. He was there to keep her company. Alfred left not too long ago after delivering a beautiful bouquet, Bruce visited in the morning to sign some paperwork and make sure she was alright. He had to leave shortly though, time was something he has finite of. Damian, by request, never visited. After being forced by his side for so long, she enjoyed being away from him. Subconsciously she ran her hand over the linen wrap around her wrist, covering the scars. She did it whenever she was deep in thought. Right now she was thinking about her feelings for the boy. 

Her thoughts were cut short when someone knocked at the door. 

“Come in,” she answered.

The door opened and in entered Star City citizens, Oliver and Felicity Queen. The people who made the surgery possible. Y/n had met the two many times and they had gotten along swimmingly. They even brought over their son William who was a year or two older than Y/n. Even they got along. The h/c girl sat up, Richard clicked his phone off and stood up. He walked over and shook hands with both of the blondes. They greeted each other with kind smiles. Oliver and Dick had met before on several occasions, in and out of costume. Dick only spoke with Felicity during gallas or dinners. The blue eyed man excused himself and Y/n waved her best friend off to return whatever time passing game he was playing.