Eighteen

School is about to start and updates are most likely going to be slower now. Sorry guys. 😥

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yukio was still following his instincts. It had taken him a full year to remember. Remember his name, who he was, who the person in his memory was.

He needed to find Rin. Something told him his twin would be out of reach soon. Right now, it was chilly outside, with snow falling every once in a while. There was a lot of distance between Yukio and Rin.

Rin had apparently traveled very far from Tokyo.

Yukio couldn't wait to see him again. Couldn't wait to see his reaction when he found out he hadn't lost his only family. Couldn't wait to tell him that Yukio was immune, holy shit, he was immune!

He got lucky, honestly.

He was ready to see his bothers dark blue eyes and undoubtedly white hair by now.

Rin had always dyed it black, but without dye, his roots should be all white, just like when he was born. Rin's hair had lacked pigment when they were born and he was technically albino because he'd been so pale. But that was disproved as he got older and was able to stand the sunlight and his skin got tanner. Yukio missed seeing Rin's white hair when they were four. It was different. It was like the fact that they were opposites showed even physically.

But their adoptive father had quickly dyed it black and kept doing it so the kids would stop calling his son a freak at school.

Yukio hoped Rin was stronger. Hoped he was still the same Rin he knew when this all started. And he desperately hoped Rin wasn't on his own. He needed other people around him to keep him from spiraling down into his thoughts.

He checked the gas meter and sighed. He'd need more gas soon.

Hold on, Rin. I'm coming.