#27: Intentions Of The Heart

Flashback

I won't leave your side. 

Present

Present

The alarm rang. Aki got out of bed and stretched for a while. She opened the door and saw Seri had already cooked her breakfast. "I told you, I can do it on my own already", Aki sat down. "Let me do it for the last time. You'd be heading back to the mansion which means we'll not be seeing each other for a long time", Seri sat in front of her. 

Aki looked at the food served for her. "Seri, I... Don't know-", Aki stopped talking when she felt light-headed. Before even speaking, she fell on the floor. Her consciousness is wide awake but her body felt weak that she fell on the floor. "Aki!!!", she heard Seri shout.

Flashback
Class 3-1

Aki secretly wrote a letter for Hideyoshi. It was to tell him that she needs to go somewhere far where she can't be reached. The door slid open and Hideyoshi entered carrying fruit juice. He gently placed it on Aki's table. "Did you wait for me? I just finished filing my resignation as the Captain", Hideyoshi said with a sad tone. It was his last year to be in the championship. Three months passed after the death of his parents. Aki slid the letter off the table and hid it under her desk.

"Are you sure? This will be the last year you'd be competing", Aki held his hand. She is sensitive enough to know that one might not be able to move so fast just after what happened. "Do you also want me to do it?", Hideyoshi withdrawn his hand. "That's not what I'm trying to say. I won't force you or tell you that it's a waste for you not to complete. But then, I just thought that you wanted this more than anyone else. You trained harder than anyone else. Plus, it was something you were so obsessed with because you thought it's the only thing that can make your parents proud of you", Aki reminded and stood up. She went towards the windows and looked beyond the horizon. "But if you don't want to... That's also fine with me", Aki looked at him and gave a comforting smile.

"Even if I do it, there wouldn't be someone on my side to say I did well", Hideyoshi clenched his fist. Aki walked towards him and cupped his face. "Am I not on your side?", Aki asked. "Eventually, you will also have to leave. If not now, maybe someday", Hideyoshi closed his eyes. Aki's eyes felt warm and soon tears fell. "I promise, I won't leave your side", Aki hugged Hideyoshi tightly.

Present
Hospital

"She's just experiencing some effects of withdrawal... Don't worry. The cancer cells are totally lessened in numbers and have no chances to built up another complication", the doctor explained. Aki sat down and saw Seri's worried face. She gave a smile hoping Seri would calm down. "I'll go get something for you to drink", Seri informed.

Aki stared at the flower on the table. After some time, Mio entered panting. "Are you okay? Seri-san called me a while ago", Mio marched towards her. "That was unnecessary. I'm fine", Aki chuckled. Mio placed her hands on her shoulders. "That was super necessary", she said with a serious voice. Poor lady, she's still ignorant about the truth.