« twenty-six »

Chenle squeezed his best friends hand before he knocked on Jaemins door.

It quickly opened and Jaemin grabbed his hand, pulling the two boys in.

Donghyuck and Renjun were already right there.

"Okay, we're all here." Jaemin sat on the floor, Jisung followed afterwards with a blank expression. It looked so empty but emotional at the same time, he really wanted to go back in time and refuse to go to the slumber party so he didn't have to watch Jisung endure all of this.

"Chenle, sit." Donghyuck spoke in a threatening tone. It really didn't help that the gun was right in his hand. Chenle quietly obliged and held onto Jisungs hand, rubbing it softly and giving it small squeezes.

"Okay. Rock Paper Scissors. The loser has to go next." Jaemin held out his fist, looking at the others. If you looked at him, you wouldn't even be able to tell that he cried earlier. His eyes were no longer bloodshot, his voice wasn't shaky, and his hands weren't clammy.

he just seemed...normal.

like nothing happened.

the other four boys held out their fists in the circle and shook them.

"rock....." Renjuns heart started to pound as he thought of what he was going to put down.

"paper....." Donghyuck anxiously shook his foot, hoping that he wouldn't be the one who lost.

"scissors....." chenle was slightly squirming around, nervous to see who would be the one who went next.

was it him?

was it jisung?

he didn't know. he barely wanted to know.

he just wanted to go home.

"shoot!" Jaemins eyes widened once he looked around. Everyone held out scissors while Jisung held out paper.

Jisungs heart began to pound as he watched Donghyuck put down the gun in front of him.

He anxiously looked to Chenle and the others around him.

He bit his fingernail, anxiously eyeing the gun.

Watching it was painful.

Chenle had a feeling that when Jisung took his turn, it wouldn't look too pretty.

He didn't want that for Jisung.

He wanted Jisung to win and leave the game.

Even if it killed him.

Jisung picked up the gun, breathing heavily and cocked it, bringing it up to his head.

He gulped as he put a finger on the trigger.

"JUST FUCKING SHOOT IT ALREADY!" Donghyuck screamed, making tears well up in Jisungs eyes.

The tears began to fall so he slowly started pushing in the trigger.

Chenle couldn't take it anymore.

"No! I'll do it!"