Chapter 4

Jin looked up when he heard the ding the elevator pinged out. He coughed and stood up, starting to feel the effects of running up the stairs 7 floors down. God dammit Jungkook. The things I do for you. The elevator doors slid open as a certain frowning Bunny Boy yelled at his reflection. "Shut up!"

"Jungkook? What the hell is this?" Suddenly remembering, Jin added, "And don't you go running off the roof either. V told me to tell you to not do Euphoria. And you better not!" He had moved to hold Jungkook in his arms in the elevator as the younger boy gaped at him. "We'd all miss you too much. Way too much. Especially me, Kookie. Especially me."

"Wha..." Jin felt his insides squeal at the cute face Jungkook made when he was utterly surprised. Why was he surprised, exactly? "Jungkook?"

"You're the voice. Dammit. You annoyed the hell out of me in the elevator, you know." Jungkook still seemed to be annoyed.

"What?" It was his turn to be shocked. "What voice? Have you been hearing things? I wasn't even in the elevator, stupid!"

"I fucking argued with somebody in there! Telling me that I'm not intelligent-"

"-Wow, they're smart-"

"-Because I'm doing this-"

"-I'm liking this person better and better-"

"-And that I don't hate you-"

"-Which you really shouldn't-"

"-And that I actually like yo-" Jin noticed this was where Jungkook immediately halted. "Never mind."

"Well, I still think-"

"Oh my god shut up please I'm trying to get the last word here," The younger boy blurted quickly and angrily and stormed off to the edge, an action that technically did not go unnoticed with Jin but was not fully brought to his attention. In the others' brains, that meant Jin did not pay attention, which led to the following events:

Jungkook tripped.

Jungkook fell.

Jungkook screamed.

Jungkook told Jin goodbye.

Of course, they weren't really in that order.

Jungkook ran to the edge of the roof, glancing back one last time at Jin before he would jump. He's so handsome. Then he scolded himself. He deserves better.

You could be better for him than anyone else.

Oh my god not you again.

Who else? Now that I can see you, lovely shoes.

I don't think we're the same person.

Damn right we aren't. I was joking earlier. Who the fuck are you?

ME? I think I deserve to know who's speaking in MY brain, thanks a lot.

YOU? You're speaking in MY brain. I'd like to know who you are.

And then of course, being the innocent maknae, Jungkook yielded and confessed his identity.

I'm about to jump off a roof.

Jungkook? JUNGKOOK?

You know me?

"What the fuck... Jungkook?" That same voice... he turned around to face Jin staring at him.

"Jin... So you are the voice." His voice was flat. "You were keeping things from me the whole time anyways. I suppose this is what trust amounts to."