Chapter 4: YOU ARE CUTE WHEN YOU ARE JEALOUS.

Guinevere pic above

(Everest POV)

I cannot believe it!!
I cannot believe that Guinevere is attracted to Edmund. I cannot believe that they flirted in front of me. Why?

The fact that Guinevere paid attention to him more than me breaks my heart. Why? I am more attractive than Edmund.

I have never gotten this feeling for anyone before. I have never been this smitten. Something about him just intrigued me. He is so beautiful. His skin is so perfect. His lips are baby pink colored and his cheeks are rosy. His eyebrows are so symmetrical. His smile is so fetching. He is divinely perfect. Thinking about him just makes my heart pump. He is mine!!! There is no way Edmund will steal him from me.

I was so fixated on my thoughts that I did not even notice Edmund entered my room. I turned around and gave him a death glare. He just smiled innocently at me before saying something.

" Guinevere is so adorable, right?" He asked obliviously.

"How come I have never seen him before?"

"He is a new employee here, your highness." He responded.

"He likes me." Edmund added. That did it. I lunged at him and grabbed him by his neck and slammed his back against the wall. He groaned in pain.

"What in God's name is your problem?!!" He asked in a terrified tone.

"Stay away from him!! Never talk to him like that again, do you understand?" I sneered. His smile then appeared.

"Is something funny?" I glared.

"You are cute when you are jealous!" He teased. His hand then roamed down my chest and he kissed me in a teasing manner. This caused me to let go of his neck.

"What for? You know you are my only one!" He said while my eyes widened.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I knew it... you do love me. If you don't, then why would you get possessive over me." He said as he pulled me into an embrace.

Oh...So all this time, I thought he genuinely likes Guinevere but it seems like I am the one he actually likes. So I am assuming that the earlier event between the two of them is just an act just for him to make me jealous.

Well, yes. I did get jealous but not because I like him, it is because I like Guinevere. At least I do not have a competition anymore.

With that, I pulled away from Edmund and laid on my bed.

"The King needs to rest now! Begone!" I commanded.

"I love you too, Everest!" Edmund said as he exited my room. I rolled my eyes. He does not stand a chance. There is someone who took the spotlight already and that is Guinevere!!

—————
(Guinevere POV)

I woke up earlier than normal so I can have time to plant these seeds that grandma gave me. These seeds are called Septem. Grandmother says it drives away bad luck and evil spirits. Sometimes, it is hard to believe what she is saying but nevertheless, I am still going to plant these seeds and grow them.  These are the only things that will remind me of my family while I am serving here in this palace. 

I planted three seeds in three separate pots beside my window so it will be easier for me to water them and for them to capture the sunlight.

With that, I fixed my bed and began working. I went outside the palace to go to the shed. I took all the gardening tools and started working on the lawn in front. I took the pruning shears and started trimming the bushes.

As I was trimming, I saw a figure watching me from the window. As I took a closer look, the image became clearer and more vivid. It is...King Everest.