Chapter 13: (Epilogue) YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO.

The heart throb King Everest above!!

(Guinevere POV)

One year later...

I knocked on the door of our house, waiting for my mother to answer it. I have not seen my mother and grandmother for a long time since I started working in the palace.

I asked Everest if I could just spend a week with them and he agreed but he was very reluctant just because I will not be with him for a while. He was quite sad but it is just a week though.

After a while, the door finally opened and it revealed the face of my mother.

"NEV!!" She said in glee as she pulled me into a warm hug.

"I missed you, son!!!" She said.

"I missed you too, Mother!!" I said as I hugged her back.

"Is that Guinevere?" I can hear my grandmother's voice already even though she is quite far from us. I pulled away from mother.

"Nev!!!" She exclaimed when she saw me. I ran inside and gave her a massive hug as well.

"How are you, my little boy?!" She asked.

"I have been doing well. How about you, grandmother?" I asked as we are still in a warm hug.

"I have been good and I have been taking care of your plants as well." She said.

"My plants!!!" I suddenly remembered. I pulled away from grandmother and hurried to the backyard. What I saw made my heart melt. My garden looked even better than I remembered. It is so colorful and vibrant. I can smell the fragrance of the different flowers planted everywhere. I was ecstatic.

God, there is no place like home.
—————

It is afternoon and I have been watering the plants for a while when I heard something.

"Nice place you have here, my love!" A familiar voice said. I turned around and saw the face that makes my heart skip a beat every time.

Everest!!

I ran to him and gave him a massive embrace. He embraced me back and rested his chin on my head since he is much taller. We then pulled away.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I have my secrets!" He whispered and I blushed. "I cannot stand not being with you." The moment he said that, my heart flipped.

"Do you mind if I stay here for a week as well?" He asked.

"WHAT?! Of course but who will run the...palace, your home?" I asked.

"Forget the palace, I would rather be here with you, you are the only person I want to go home to." He said, passionately and wholeheartedly.

I was pretty sure there are tears around my eyes.

"NEV!!! Do you...Oh! I am sorry...I must be interrupting the moment." My mother said. Everest and I both giggled.

"Mother, this is Everest! Everest, this is my mother." I said, introducing them both to each other.

Everest went to my mother to shake her hand.

"Hello, Guinevere's mother, I am Everest, your future son-in-law and the King of the palace where your son formerly works in." Everest said.

"King of the palace? Formerly works in?" My mother asked in a confused tone.

"He is my other half so he is no longer my employee." He responded.

My mother then looked at me.

Guinevere, you have a lot of explaining to do.

-FIN-