In the Kingdom of Dwarves

3rd POV 

    (Y/N) and the others have been traveling for a while now along the Ameld River towards Dwargon, the Kingdom of Dwarves. They traversed over mountains and forests easily thanks to the Tempest Wolves. (Y/N) gently rub Ranga’s head in affection, “Do not push yourself too hard. Pace yourself.” Ranga nodded, “Yes, Master!” However, instead of slowing down, he sped up even faster. (Y/N) held on as she frowned, “Why on earth did you speed up?” They eventually camped down for the night near a river which Gobta was thankful for as he laid on the floor in relief. (Y/N) was standing next to Rigur, who was sitting down, and asked him a question, “Rigur, who gave your brother his name?” Rigur turned towards her on his knees, “Ma’am! I’m told he received his name from a passing Demon called Lord Gelmud. He saw promise in him.” 

    (Y/N) nodded, “Who is this, Gelmud?” Rigur quickly answered, “He’s an officer in the Demon Lord’s army.” (Y/N) didn’t the like the sound of that. She also found it troubling that a demon officer would freely give out names for nothing in return. She would need to tread carefully. Her eyes then went on Ranga, who was drinking water from the river. As if feeling her stare, Ranga rose his head and turned towards her. (Y/N) asked Rigur to leave so that she may have a private conversation with Ranga. Rigur immediately agreed and left as Ranga came by (Y/N)’s side. She then looked at him straight in the eyes as she spoke, “You must crave revenge since I killed your father, yes? I am willing to take any punishment you have in mind for me if you so wish.” (Y/N) wasn’t going to let him, she just wanted to see if his loyalty to her was true. Ranga sat down with a heavy sigh, “I do think about it. But, Master, you not only spared us after defeating us in battle, but you also gave us a new name. I have only gratitude toward you, and no resentment at all. Our loyalty belongs to you and you alone, Master.”

    It’s been a full day since that conversation took place. (Y/N) was very pleased to hear such a passionate answer from him and hoped to have Ranga by her side for a long time. He resembled so much like her loyal guard, Eros, the Ninetales.

After traveling for another full day the group had to stop once more when night fell upon them

After traveling for another full day the group had to stop once more when night fell upon them. They were in the middle of the forest and were currently roasting some raw meat around the campfire. Ranga gladly let (Y/N) use him as chair, saying that someone as great as her, shouldn’t sit on the dirt. (Y/N) watched as Gobta ate a cooked piece of meat before asking her question, “Gobta.” Gobta straightened his form, “Yes, ma’am?” (Y/N) smiled at his actions, “What is Dwargon like?” 

    Gobta cupped his chin I thought, “W-Well... it’s officially called the ‘Armed Nation of Dwargon.’ It’s a beautiful city constructed from a modified natural cave system and its home to not only dwarves, but elves, humans, and lots more. The dwarf king, Gazel Dwargo, is known as the Hero King. He’s deeply admired by all the people.” (Y/N) understood all the information she received, “So it would be completely safe for monsters like us to enter the city?” Rigur smiled, “No need to worry. Dwargon is a neutral free-trade city. All fighting is prohibited by the King. And that’s made possible by the Armed Nation of Dwargon’s immense military might. It’s said that the dwarven army has been undefeated for a thousand years.” (Y/N) couldn’t help but scoff at that in her mind, ‘Only a thousand years? I lead my kingdom through countless wars for 5,000 years.’