Chapter 14: Amore (Love)

"It's fine, baby... just kiss me," He says... moving his face closer to mine.

"I was waiting for you to say that," I say, moving my lips' closer to his.

As he closed his eyes, I head-butted his head, and he fell to the floor, holding his injured head.

"Ever... and I mean EVER come near me or my peers again, I'll make sure you don't make it another day," I grab onto Blade's hand and we walk out of the school.

"I thought..." Blade stops both of us before we get to the car... "I thought you changed..." He couldn't finish his sentence... I knew what he was trying to say...

"Why would you ever think that?" I ask, looking into his eyes, they're full of pain, anger, and guilt... "I..." I hesitate. "I love you," I say, a tear escapes my eye.

"I love you too," He says, a tiny shade of pink showing up on his cheeks.

"Can we just leave... I don't want to be here anymore," I say, looking towards our car.

"Yeah..." We start walking towards it... a leaf barely blows past the car when it explodes... I hold my chest, feeling it beat faster than before... tears start forming in my eyes... that could've been any of us...

"It's okay," He holds onto me, tighter than usual...

"C..." I can't speak, so I just shove my head into his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He massages my head, trying to calm me down, as he checks out the damage that has been done... the high school is burnt down, still partially burning, bricks, rocks, and glass is shattered on the ground where the school once stood... the smell of smoke surrounded us... and the smog made it difficult to see... it looked abandoned... but just a week ago, there were people happily talking to their friends... 

"It'll be fine..." He says, trying to believe what he just said... I lift my head from his chest, dry my eyes with the back of my hands, and start slowly spinning in a circle, wishing that this was a dream... I notice something getting closer to us... I squint my eyes... I recognize the shadow as Thomas... then behind him, there were many more... I stand there shocked... not being able to move... why can't they just leave me alone? I try moving, but I can't... it's like gorilla glue somehow got on the bottom of my shoes... Next thing I know Blade's running with me in his arms, bridal style... "You're okay... we're safe... don't worry," He tries to comfort me... 

About an hour or two later, we end up at the same mansion we were at for my welcome home party.

"Callie... We should rest here... we'll have to..."

"I h... I have to text Frieda," I say, still shocked, taking my phone out of my pocket.

"Callie... calm down... I'm here... you're fine... I'll protect you," He says, wrapping his arm around me.

My phone starts ringing... and on the third ring, Frieda answers.

"My dear, are okay... I heard about the high school burning down... please tell me..."

"I'm fine, Frieda... c... can I talk..." I take a deep breath and let it out, trying to straighten myself up. "Can I talk to my mom," I say, trying not to cry.

"Of course, Hunny," She says... after about 5 minutes of waiting,

"Callie... are you okay?" She asks, she sounds almost out of breath.

"I'm fine, mom... but... I have something... something very important to say..."

"What is this about?" she asks.

"Thomas..." I say, Blade puts his hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

"What'd that son bitch do this time?" she asks, I can hear the anger in her voice.

"He showed up at the school when Blade and I walked in... he was going to kill Blade... I head-butted him... now he's angry... he started chasing us, we got away... but I don't think any of you are safe... we know what he's capable of... he'll do anything to get me... please... be ready for anything... and tell the... please tell Alec and Brady about this... I don't think I can handle any of you getting hurt..."

"I'll do that... and... Callie... be... be safe... I love you," she hangs up... I don't let the tears fall... I look up at Blade and give a tiny smile...

"Whose house is this?" I ask, curious...

"So you finally ask?" He says, trying to boost my mood... which he succeeds at.

"Yeah... so are you going to answer me?" I ask, trying to hold my smile from showing.

"It's one of my Uncle's getaway resorts... he gave it to me... he rarely come here... but I've seen here a few times..." He says, he walks towards me... I look away from him, not wanting to meet his gaze. He steps close enough that his lips almost touch mine... but I still don't look up... that was until he picks my chin up with his fingers' to meet his gaze... He glances down at my lips and then back at my eyes. "We'll work this out... but right now I have to take a moment..." He says, tracing my lips with his thumb.

"To do what?" I ask.

"To do this," He says and crashes his lips on mine. At first, I didn't know what to do... but then, I gave in and joined in on the kiss... the kiss lasted for what seemed like years, but I knew it was only seconds, until he pulled off of my lips, and leaned his forehead on mine... "Whatever happens... I'll be here... always," He says, and continues looking into my eyes.

*_*_*_*

Oof... so that was an adventure for both me and Callie... What about you guys?... I hope you continue reading... also... if you would like me to read your book/books... I"d be happy to... Please leave comments, vote, and follow me... also... read my other books... 

If you have any idea for this book or my other books... please message me... or put it in the comments below... thx... Keep reading...