Chapter 20: In the Mall

"Hey, Blade," I ask while we walk through the mall with our other friends.

"Yes?" He asks while giving me his full attention.

"Why did we invite them?" I ask him while pointing to our friends and their dates.

"We didn't exactly invite them, they sorta invited themselves," He answers while taking my hand and kissing the knuckle.

"Can we maybe possibly leave them?" I ask.

"You do understand we can hear you right?" Brady says in a 'Are you stupid' tone.

"Of course we do," I say while smiling innocently at him.

"Ow," Blade rubs the spot where Brady punched him. "What was that for?" He asks.

"Your girlfriend is being rude," He says.

"Well she has a mind of her own, I can't control her," He says.

"Well, try," Brady says while rolling his eyes and pulling Zoe closer to him.

"Ooh, can we go in there?" Adam asks Alec while pointing into a book store.

"Of course, babe," He says while waving 'bye' to us and getting dragged into the store.

"I think me and Zoe should have some girl time... I don't get to hang out with her anymore," I get out of Blade's arms, take Zoe's hand and drag her off with me.

"Where are we going?" She asks while still being dragged.

"Somewhere away from those two... I don't know about you, but I need a break from my man for a few minutes," I tell her while I slow down and let go of her hand so I don't make her trip.

"I could agree," She says while rubbing her hand.

"I'm sorry... did I hurt you?" I ask her while looking at her with concern.

"No... it's fine," She answers while smiling.

"So... how's Brady?" I ask her.

"We're doing great... and he's such a gentleman," She tells me while we continue walking.

"That's good... because if he was anything but a gentleman, I would have already kicked his ass," I tell her, making her laugh a little. "Should we stop in here?" I ask her as we get closer to the doors of Forever 21.

"Yeah, I need some new clothes," She says as she follows me into the store. "So... what about you and Blade?" She asks while looking at some boyfriend jeans.

"We're doing good... I just wish I had some girlfriends who could help me get away from all the testosterone that boy has," I tell her.

"That's what I'm for," She says while putting the jeans back and looking at a cute shirt.

"Yeah... and when I met you, I was relieved... why wouldn't I be... you're a girl... and I do need a break from my guy sometimes," I tell her while looking at some purses that I'd never use.

"Are we done here?" She asks me in a whisper.

"Yeah, let's go," I tell her while following her out of the store.

As we continue walking, I see an Aeropostale store and drag her inside of it.

"I love their pants here," I tell her while picking up a pair of dark blue pants that are ripped at the knee.

"Those are cute... you would look good in those," She says while picking up a light pair of pants that have multiple holes in them.

"And you should try those on, you'd look good in them," I tell her while asking the lady at the cashier for a dressing room.