Chapter 16: Anxiety?

(′▽'〃)◑__◐(^_^;)

______

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

______

(⊙o⊙)◑﹏◐≧◇≦

"Mom, I'm here," I walk into the house. Halee comes running up to me. She jumps into my arms... such a sweetheart.

"I thought you were going to be home on Sunday," She says, surprised.

"It is Sunday, mom," I say.

"It is... sorry... I've been busy, along with Frieda and Gordan," She explains.

"It's fine... anyways... Blade dropped me off and told me that he had something to do... so here I am," I state, wrapping an arm around my mom. 

"Your dog wouldn't stop pacing in the hall near your door... she missed you," my mom states, making me feel horrible for leaving her.

"Aw... poor baby," I state, kissing Halee. "I'll never do that again to you," I say, walking passed my mom up the stairs.

"Love you too," My mom says.

"Sorry, mom... Love you but I'm taking Halee on a walk," I continue ascending the stairs. Once I grabbed her vest and chain, I walked out of my room and down the stairs to find no one... strange... where'd she go... Oh well. "Halee, are you ready to go?" I ask my dog as I make my way towards the door. All she does is look at me with her adorable puppy face. Once I step outside and shut the door, I put Halee down and put her vest and chain on. "Let's go," I say. As we start our walk, I feel weird like we're being followed... but each and every time I've looked back, there's no one there. As I begin walking a little faster with Halee, I can't shake the thought out of my mind... maybe its just my anxiety... hopefully it's just my anxiety. 

Oh hell with my anxiety...

Instead of letting my anxiety get the best of me... I decide to call Blade.

"Hey, Princess... what's up?" He picks up after the first ring.

"Hey... do you mind walking with me... I just... my anxiety is acting up and I feel as though I'm being followed or something," I say, stopping at a bench next to the sidewalk.

"Of course... where are you?" He asks I could hear shuffling in the background.

"Close to my house," I state.

"Okay... stay on the line babe..." He says... I hear a car being started in the background... damn he works fast.

"Thank you so much..." I say. But as I say that, I find maybe 4 or 5 different people wearing the same thing: Black beanies, black shirts, black pants... almost like they're planning something... I then look behind me to find a few people in the same clothing looking for someone... I'm lucky I'm not the only one on this street... damn... my anxiety wasn't anxiety... it was true... people were looking for me...

"Babe?" Blade's voice comes through the phone.

"T..." I start whispering. "There are people out here looking for someone... they're all in black," I state, holding the phone tighter.

"Don't worry babe... just stay where you are and try not to look at them... keep listening to my voice... you'll be fine..." He says. "Where's Halee?" He asks.

"On my lap," I say, holding her tighter.

"Okay... keep her close... if anyone touches you, she'll snap at them, and her teeth are sharp enough to draw blood..." 

"Okay," I whisper, calming my heartbeat and wiping my sweaty palms on my pants.

---

"Hey," A familiar voice states. 

"Thank god," I say, exasperated, as I quickly get up and wrap my arms around him for comfort.

"It's okay... I'm here," He says, hugging me back. "Now let's make your puppy happy and take her on a walk, shall we?" He asks.

"Are you sure... what if th..." I start rambling, nervously.

"Callie..." He stops me mid-sentence. "We'll be fine... I got my best men following us... I promise you that nothing will happen to you or me... okay?" He asks. I take a deep breath before nodding my head and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Thank you," I whisper in his ear before keeping my hand in his and continue our walk.

_______________

Okay... so... yes... this is shorter... and yes... this book is coming to an end soon... not yet... I'm also starting to run out of ideas... and would love ideas... so please... please... message me and give me ideas... thank you so much

______________

Sasha Nichol