Escape The Mind

Billy paced around the room in the mind realm. "Okay so...Freddy is trapped in some kind of alternate reality prison." He said. "And for some reason he believes everything here?" Nathan shook his head. He got up and looked at Billy. "Whatever that guy in the armor needs is obviously pretty important if it requires something like this." He said pointing around. "And you're sure you don't know a Cameron?" He asked once again. Billy looked at him annoyed and shook his head. "I don't know or have heard of anyone named Cameron." The two of them went outside to look for Freddy but instead saw something that stunned Nathan. A woman stepped out of a vehicle with brown hair and smiled at him. "Hi sweetie." She said calmly. Billy looked at Nathan and saw he seemed off guard. "Do you know her?" He asked. Nathan nodded his head. He was silent for a moment but then spoke. "She's my mother." He said with his breath shaky. Billy looked at him and went silent. Another appeared on the other side, it was Billy's mom. "Why would our parents be in Freddy's mind prison?" Nathan asked. Billy then got wide eyed. "Because we're inside it." He said. "If we can figure out how to get through to Freddy, we can get out of here." Just then the sky started turning purple. "We need to find him." Nathan said. "We may not have much time." He said before the two of them ran off. After a while they finally found Freddy, seeming unfazed by the sky, which had now become like a storm. "Freddy." Billy said rushing over. Freddy looked at him smiling. "What's up Billy?" He asked. "Listen I know this is gonna be hard for you to understand but none of this is real." He said. Freddy shook his head. "I think you're being a bit overprotective with my foster family." He said with a laugh. "Come on man you've got your mom waiting for you at your house." Billy denied it and shook his head. "This place isn't telling you the truth." He said before pausing for a second. "But then again... what I said to you wasn't true either." Just then Billy's mom appeared and walked over. "I have been here for you since-" She started saying before Billy stopped her. "I spent years looking for you!" He snapped. "And when I finally found you I would've given us a start, but you're the one who tried to make it seem like I was nothing!" He went onto saying that he didn't care about seeing or looking for her, as far as pretending she had died just to avoid the conversation. "I know what this realm is wanting me to believe!" He shouted. "But it's all just a big lie...you are just another lie in this prison!" A purple glow surrounded Billy's mother and caused her to vanish. Freddy looked surprised and looked at Billy. Meanwhile Nathan went to his mother. He had never actually gotten to meet her. "I know what you're thinking." She said calmly. "I'm not just a memory fragment." She explained watching him grow up and how she always wished of being there. Back over with Billy, Freddy was panicking at what he just saw. "You got trapped...remember?" Billy asked. "The crystal that the guy left behind?" He asked. Freddy started getting flashbacks, as well as his leg change from cut to paralyzed. "Billy what's going on?" He asked. "Where are we?" He asked looking around noticing the storm. Billy explained as they headed to Nathan and his mother. The storm picked up and began to destroy everything, but Nathan's mother remained calm. She pulled out the Mind Stone and gave it to Nathan. "I believe this belongs to you." She said placing it in his hand. Nathan took the stone and hugged his mother. "I love you." He said with a tear going down his face. "I love you too." His mother said before a purple glow appeared and she vanished. Just as the storm became worse, the stone began glowing brightly. The three boys joined together as the glow surrounded them. With a giant flash, a shattering sound came and they appeared in another world. "Clever." The masked figure said. "You managed to get out... of that one anyway." The figure snapped their fingers and Freddy vanished. Billy immediately looked at the figure in anger. "What did you do with him?!" He asked as he walked near them. The figure chuckled. "Relax he's back on your earth." He said. "Besides...it's you two I want anyway." The figure froze the two boys and walked over to Nathan. "Well...what you have at least." He said pulling the stone from Nathan. "Why are you doing this?" Nathan asked trying to move. "What did your world do to you?" The figure paused and looked at him. "Gave me a purpose to destroy what is left of all worlds." He said. "Leaving them unharmed of course. Nathan then noticed both of the figures' wrists. They had a symmetrical looking symbol. One was blue and the other was pink. "Actually I'll cut you a deal." The figure said before transporting Billy away. "Take it...but you have to do something for me." He said placing the stone in Nathan's hand. Nathan unfroze but was to confused to move. "Stop me from becoming this...and I won't be a problem." The figure said. "You're letting me go?" Nathan asked confusingly. "Let's just call it a test." The figure said. "But if you fail... you'll be in the Endgame." He warned. Just then Nathan was immediately transported to the roof where Freddy vanished. Freddy was there as well. "Nathan." Billy said behind him. Nathan turned around to see a breach with Billy on the other end. "Where are you?" Nathan asked. Billy looked around. "Some alleyway in Central City." He said before walking through. "Much better." He said looking around. "Okay seriously dude...why is your earth so bright?" He asked with a laugh. "Honestly this place is a bit dark for my taste." Nathan said with a chuckle. "About time I get home." He said. Freddy hopped over and gave Nathan a hug. "Come and visit alright?" He said. Nathan and Billy. "We'll see." Nathan said. "It was good working with you Shazam." He said shaking Billy's hand. "Right back at ya." Billy said. Nathan then walked through just before the breach closed. A few hours later Billy and Freddy got home and saw everyone was gathered in the living. "Last time this happened I was skipping school." Billy whispered to Freddy. "What happened this time?" He asked. Freddy shrugged. "Uh kids...we have a new family member." The mother said. Just then a boy looking exactly like Billy stepped into the room with jeans and a leather jacket. Mary immediately noticed a mark on his wrist and remembered the person who saved her and Darci. "My name is Cameron...Cameron Batson." The boy said before looking at Billy. "Your twin brother." He said to him. Everyone went silent and then Freddy looked at Billy wide eyed. "You have a twin?!" He asked.